rifle scope Any advise?

C

cook2

I am planning on getting the cabelas scope with the turrets, 4x12x40,I think. Anyone know anything about this one? Or have any useful advise on buying a scope? I am limited to two hundred $.
Thanks

I dont know about that scope but I have heard some good things on here and elsewhere about the Cabelas glass being a really good bang for the buck.

Any thoughts on the power? I have always used the 3x9x40 but I kinda wanted to cut out the binos cause i do a lot of light hiking. So I thought the 4x12 would be good.

Get a pair of small light weight binos, other hunters may not appreciate you using a scoped rifle for glassing and you putting them in the crosshairs.
I have a tendency to duck for cover and aim back.

RELH

RELH is spot on. Glass with binos or spotting scope. The rifle scope is for shooting only.

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

Well I always pack my spotting scope with me, cause i like to glass a lot. But the goal is to cut the amount of things in my day pack.

What I'm getting at is should I go for more than 4x12 or less, any one out there have an opinion. Is it ever to much magnification?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-09 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p]"Any thoughts on the power? I have always used the 3x9x40 but I kinda wanted to cut out the binos cause i do a lot of light hiking. So I thought the 4x12 would be good."

"Well I always pack my spotting scope with me, cause i like to glass a lot. But the goal is to cut the amount of things in my day pack. ...."

Dude....

If you've ever been glassing and come across something, not exactly sure what it is, then you finally make out that it's another hunter and he is aiming at you... well, then you will understand the above comments. Using your scope to "glass" is just plain wrong!!!

Decent Bino's are among the very most important things you can carry, certainly ranks above a spotting scope and/or having turrets on your rifle. Good luck!!

Joey

I think 4-12 would be a good power range. I shoot a 3.5x10 and have never wished for lower magnification and I can say there was a couple times I would have used a little more. I dont want to beat a dead horse here but my first year hunting out west I saw a glare on a distant hill side and after looking through the binocs I realized it was another hunter glassing back at me but through his scope. I figured he was just using it to glass but I still found myself looking for a little more cover.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom