Rifle question

J

jbigb30

So I feel really dumb for posting this but I'm not to gun savvy I guess you could say. But I'm buying a weatherby 22-250 from a buddy at work and am wondering do I have to shoot just weatherby amo thru it or can i shoot any brand I don't think it's a wsm any answer would be very helpful thanks.

If it's a 22-250 you can shoot just about any brand of Ammo!

Just cuzz it's a Weatherby doesn't always mean it's a Weatherby Caliber!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

The only problem you could have is if you want to use someone else's reloads that were neck sized only for use in another rifle. These may not chamber in your gun due to headspace issues.

The factory 22-250 ammo is generally very good. You should be able to find something the rifle likes by checking a few brands, assuming the rifle is "tuned up". Good luck.

Weatherby is the manufacturer of the rifle.

22-250 is a cartridge that many rifle manufactures chamber their guns for.

Weatherby is known for the development of many cartridges, but this is not one of them and I don't even think weatherby makes 22-250 ammo.

In short: you can shoot any 22-250 ammo in that gun.

Weatherby makes it's own .22 caliber called the .224 Weatherby Magnum. It's performance lies between the .220 Swift and the .223 Remington, therefore was never really very popular.
As others have stated above......if your rifle is stamped 22-250, that's exactly what you shoot through it, in any brand name.

I have an old Weatherby Vanguard chambered for .300 Win Mag......that doesn't give me a green light to load a round of .300 wby in it, nor could i even if i tried.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom