rifle hunters up lonepeak??

M

muleyskinwatcher

Ive been trying to find out exactly where the boundries for wasatch front for rifle hunters, I was under the impression the boundries for extended archery from corner canyon to 1-80 where off limits to rifle hunters? but ive seen alot of rifle hunters up lonepeak also seen alot of rifle hunters above the shooting range south of 1-80?

If you saw rifle hunters on the south side of loan peak there fine. If they were on the north side there poachers. The south boundary is corner canyon up jaccob ladder to the summit.

south of I-80 is off limits to hunting deer with a rifle. You can hunt cow elk if you have a tag and its the season. You can hunt bull elk with a rifle with a LE tag. You can hunt moose, and goats with a rifle as well. Just not deer.

If you saw guys in south of I-80 hunting with rifles going after deer you should have called the warden. They were probably poaching.

who farted?

Thank you SW, the hunters up lonepeak where definitely north of jacobs ladder, I doubt they were hunting mountain goats considering there was three guys all carrying rifles, I will be sure to call the warden if I see them again

>If you saw rifle hunters on
>the south side of loan
>peak there fine. If they
>were on the north side
>there poachers. The south boundary
>is corner canyon up jaccob
>ladder to the summit.
>
>south of I-80 is off limits
>to hunting deer with a
>rifle. You can hunt cow
>elk if you have a
>tag and its the season.
>You can hunt bull elk
>with a rifle with a
>LE tag. You can hunt
>moose, and goats with a
>rifle as well. Just not
>deer.
>
>If you saw guys in south
>of I-80 hunting with rifles
>going after deer you should
>have called the warden. They
>were probably poaching.
>
>

>
>who farted?

What do they look like doing any of the legal activities you just outlined versus going after deer? Just curious cause I am in the dark on that one. Aside from dropping the hammer on one I would think any elk, cow elk, moose, or predator rifle hunter would have a striking resemblense to a deer hunter.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well first off its muledeer season, three guys all carrying rifles, hunting in a well populated muledeer area, no offence to rifle hunters but I believe what makes part of the wasatch front nice to archery hunt is the fact that rifle hunting muledeer is not allowed, the hunters up lonepeak either didn't know the boundaries or just don't care, they could be mountain goat hunters but i doubt it. I don't think it would hurt to have the warden
check it out anyway if there hunting legally they got nothing to worry about right?

There is definatley confusion and ignorance when it comes to the extended boundary. I have seen extended archery hunters where they are not supposed to be(East and South of Jacobs ladder) above Alpine. My understanding is that area which drains toward Utah county is open to rifle and closed to extended, and the area that drains towards Salt Lake county is open to extended and closed to rifles. I agree many rifle hunters cross the boundary, but there are just as many extended archers for both deer and elk that hunt in the non-extended areas. I would not hesitate to call the warden on either offenses.

Your wasting your time calling them in I live right below the bald top and can sit in my driveway and watch that whole mountain side (kinda nice in the winter). I watch countless rifle hunters come over the top and into bear canyon. I've called it in and the answer I got was and I quote " what do you want me to do about it". And I know they are not hunting goats way to low and not that many tags for goats on the lone peak area I think they only give out one a year now.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom