Ridge Reaper anyone see it

NMPaul

Hunting show with Jason Carter. Saw it for the first time tonight.
Thought it was pretty good.

Tough area to hunt, if I know where it was.

I saw it and would watch it again. The video wasn't your typical up close and personal high end quality but that's because they were busting their tails trying to kill the only bull they found and they kept messing up and spooking him before he got close. Even the kill shot was poor but after working as hard as they did, only a fool would have waited for better video versus pulling the trigger when he finally had the chance for a quick shot. I think the show depicted real public land hunting.

I didn't care for the way they kept toggling back and forth between the Utah and NM hunt and then not finishing out the Utah hunt on this episode. No doubt the next episode will have a lot of re-run video to get you caught up.

I don't watch a lot of TV but thought it was a decent show.

With all the garbage hunting shows, I though it was one of the better ones.

I will take realistic over pre acted camera work any day.

That is a tough Muzzle loader area. Flat, hard to close the distance, and few elk.

He worked his butt off for that bull.

I liked it. I liked the footage of the NM hunt better than the footage of the Utah hunt. The NM hunt seemed more real. You saw the flat tire, Jason and crew sweating their butts off, and the footage wasn't as good which made it seem more real. The Utah hunt with a guide - nothing special or different from some of the other shows.

I did think there were way too many commercial breaks and the way UA did it up for the into, the sound effects, etc made it seem way too dramatic. You see fire and warlike music, just way too dramatic for me. But once the footage started rolling it was good.

I thought the show was decent-better than most hunting shows. I wish they would have shown the bull's antlers a little bit more after Jason killed it. Some parts I liked, some I didn't; but overall, not too bad.

Junior-Jason is no longer affiliated with HF.

Saw it and like a lot of others here, thought it a more realistic show about hunting. Liked it!

I saw it too, it was a good show! Really realistic, Solo hunters is another show that is really realistic.

Finally had a chance to watch the show.

Not bad at all.

The Utah hunt is on a CWMU.

The preview for next weeks big Muley hunt looks good.

Robb

I watched it this morning. I enjoyed the show. Better than many of the shows I see these days. Guys seem to know their stuff. Content isn't a ton of b-roll shown over and over to fill time and not a bunch of unnecessary interviews looking to waste time. A lot of these guys with hunting shows seem like they have self esteem problems and they are hunting to make everyone believe they are men. I am surprised I haven't seen an episode yet where someone says "here hold my gun. It's time for me to take my testosterone and boner meds". These guys seem like killers that don't have to prove anything to guys sitting in their lazyboys, and theirs a camera man just along for the ride. I like that.

I thought the bow kill in the wallow was really cool. On those instances when an animal doesn't know it has been hit with an arrow, it's interesting to see it pile up on the spot.

It's hard to comment on the muley hunt because it's to be continued. I still don't like the switching back and forth between hunts and not ending one of the hunts. It looks like the theme will be to show the second half of the previous week's unfinished hunt and then give you half of a new hunt that will be finished the following week. Maybe I'm just old school and this is the new marketing / production strategy but I find it annoying. When I sit down for a quick 30 minute show, I want to see it begin and end and not hope I catch the second half the following week.

Even with this gripe, it's a good realistic show showing a group of guys that put the time, money and energy into their passion. If I remember to watch the next episode, I'll even get to see if a big Nevada muley dies during part 2.

I liked seeing that bow shot also. I am amazed at how far people are shooting bows these days.

One thing I did wonder about is one of the deer they are targeting. It is a super wide 3X3. I admit that I would shoot it but they state on the show it looks to go over 190. I'm just not seeing 190 on a 3 point.

I think they also said it was over 40" wide... I'd love to see them stretch the tape after he dies and see it hit 40"... THAT'D BE INCREDIBLE.

I'm not sure I like the format either... That's why its on the DVR. There's no way I'd catch the end of the show later... And what happens when re-runs start airing..?? They don't run in order then... That will suck.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

New episodes of Ridge Reaper are on Monday nights. I like what I have seen so far. I think the overall quality of hunting shows is improving. Several new episodes have filled my DVR including Randy Newberg's Fresh Tracks, Cody Robbins Live2 Hunt, and the Western Hunter. Those are a few of the newer shows I enjoy. Hunting season is just around the corner!

>New episodes of Ridge Reaper are
>on Monday nights. I like
>what I have seen so
>far. I think the overall
>quality of hunting shows is
>improving. Several new episodes have
>filled my DVR including Randy
>Newberg's Fresh Tracks, Cody Robbins
>Live2 Hunt, and the Western
>Hunter. Those are a
>few of the newer shows
>I enjoy. Hunting season
>is just around the corner!
>

+1!!! Love all of those too! The only two I have a malfunction with these days is that pile of crap "Shawn Michaels' MacMillan River Adventures" because of the constant yapping and "Craig Morgan's All Access Outdoors" because of the shot he took at a raghorn bull that was behind the skyline with just its head showing face forward. Jason, Randy, Cody and the others espouse ethical hunting and hunting methods without ridiculous product placement and blah blah blah. Good job Mr. Carter! The wallow shot was awesome!

"There is no reason why I have to tolerate your stupidity if you are unwilling to tolerate mine." ME

I record Ridge Reaper, Fresh Tracks, Cody Robbins, Western Hunter, Meat Eater, and Western Extreme.

They are all pretty good "out west" stuff. I can't stand Eastern treestand hunting. It bores me to death.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

I have to admit that I put my yard work off until 0800 on Saturdays to watch this show.

Not so sure this weeks antelope buck was worth the watch---kind of a dink---but they certainly earned him with all the trials and tribulations!

Robb

I watched it. Not bad...not bad at all! I pretty much watch any of the hunting shows if they are hunting mule deer. I am sick to death of whitetail hunts, so it's good to have one more Western based hunting show.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom