Rib eyes $3.98/lb.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-13 AT 09:49AM (MST)[p]I was in Winco the other day and they had Rib eye steak for $3.98/lb. Normal sale price is $5.98/lb. I asked the meat guy if this was a mistake, and he said no. I loaded up and bought a ton. Well, maybe not a ton, but close to it.:)

Add to that 4 packages of razor clams I dug and two big abalone that a friend gave me this weekend.

Life is good!

Eel

Think of the tube tents you could buy for that. Now that you are retired overton is looking for a grunt for a kitchen remodel.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Eel, heck of a deal. I haven't seen anything like that price around here but we got no Winco's and i'm still looking for a freezer.

I loves me a Rib Steak! One of them and some of that wild Asparagus that Beanman's been finding and a guy could be set!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-13 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]Hey Eel, I am in the wholesale meat and food business. We buy beef by the 40000# truckload and this week Choice Ribeys cost me 5.98 per pound and Select Ribeyes are 5.45 per pound. I hope you have some sharp knives for those steaks...they may be USDC or better known as United States Dairy Cow. Enjoy buddy. larrbo

Eel, sounds like a good trip!! We can haul a trailer and bring back a load of big muley and elk drops from a place i know in the Dark Canyon, a coupe sacks each of BeanMans Pinto beans, and while there, con BeanMan outa his Asparagus honey hole! :)

Serious, You ever had BeanMan's Beans? By far the best beans i ever ate!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

One half of today's haul. The Wife and I will have them with leftover pork ribs and pinto beans. I figure there are three weeks of picking every day left.

Joey, thanks for the plug, the beans are special because they are fresh, not just because I raised them.

Nasty, nasty! Those green things right there will kill you, for sure. You know your going to die if you pee green! Just saying....... Nothing wrong with beans though, just right with a lump a rice.

Llarbo....Do you buy from Fresno Meats/Beef Packers? When we had the cattle trucks we would haul nuthin but cancer eyed cutters and canners into that place. People would be shocked what goes into a MICKEY D's hamburger.

Hardway, i don't know if Larrbo buys there for his business or not but Winco does. :)

Sorry Eel Buddy, the opportunity was just too good! lol

Joey

Trust me Joey, I was thinking the same thing. The old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true....." lol

Eel

Asparagus honey holes those locations are harder to get then a big buck honey hole. Alot of guys back home take the asparagus from one spot and start another patch somewhere else, so they always have a new one that no-one knows about.One of my brothers have a little route he drives every week just to pick his crop. LOL
I remember being up in Washington and driving the 15 north of seattle and seeing it growing wild in the ditch and stopping and picking a 5 gallon bucket full,This was about 15 years ago.The most I ever seen in one spot, the patch ran for a 100yds or better but along that area there was plants growing in the ditch.In case anyone is from up there, it was just south of Mount Vernon on the east side of the road.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom