Rhodes Canyon Invitation

D

Desertdweller

Just received an invitation to help an individual on an ORYX hunt next saturday (9/22/09) on the Rhodes Canyon part of WSMR.

I have hunted Stallion and Red Canyon but have never been on Rhodes Canyon. Any quick advice where to look and what to expect on this range.

Desertdweller

Sorry no help here. My 14 year old and I hunted Stallion 09/12 and 09/13. He shot a broken horn cow. He was a little disappointed. I hunt Red Canyon this weekend any advice? They just lifted the ban on camera's today! One camera only. No buildings, live Oryx, or general landscapes pictures at all.

I'll be down there in January. Where did you hear they lifted the camera ban? That's good news. Now if they would just lift the video camera ban.

Brady

After the safety meeting go back to the east gate where you check in and go north. They bladed a road right next to the boundry fence. Hunted in there on August 22 and 23 saw lots of animals and some nice ones. If that doesnt workout go west on on road six and then turn south on road 7 and hunt between the paved road and the mountains.

red,

good luck! please post a pic when you are done? i hope you smoke a monster bull!

Ty,

Well he wasn't exactly what I was after but I took a nice 34 inch bull on Sunday 09/27/09. He is posted on my topic "camera ban lifted". I am proud of him tho. I took him in the top of the hills that border the Red Canyon area. Very remote and pretty rugged. Could only get the truck to within 3 miles of him. Needless to say it was quite a chore packing him out. 4 1/2 hours from cleaning, caping, quartering, and packing out to the truck! (Stalked him for 2 hours also)

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom