Reversal

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
The "points used to draw" language on the refund application is not in the reversal description. It looks to me that if you want to keep your points plus the one for this year and get a refund for a second choice tag, you need to wait to get the tag then return it for a refund minus $15. Is that correct?

Thanks! I only applied for a second choice, 25, as a backup plan, but have a conflicting hunt in Utah that is probably a better deer hunt. Henry Mountains ALW Buck....

I agree. No matter what you do with the tag, you should still have your previous points plus one for this year. Just check under your account and see what it has listed as points. If there are points there, they are not affected by what you do. You could go ahead and surrender the tag now for a refund and it won’t affect points.

Thanks! I only applied for a second choice, 25, as a backup plan, but have a conflicting hunt in Utah that is probably a better deer hunt. Henry Mountains ALW Buck....
Probably!?!?!? There is no hunt in Colorado that I would trade for that tag.

In the bottom of your receipt email there is a link which you can fill out until June 3rd, for point restoration plus refund.

I’d do that for the sake of simplicity rather than having to wait and mail back a tag.

In the bottom of your receipt email there is a link which you can fill out until June 3rd, for point restoration plus refund.

I’d do that for the sake of simplicity rather than having to wait and mail back a tag.
Plus if you reverse it you get points and money back. I know if it's 2nd choice it doesn't matter but on my antelope tag I drew it does.

Probably!?!?!? There is no hunt in Colorado that I would trade for that tag.
lol. Probably no muley tag in the world that would be better! Although, a buddy that hunted it recently said it wasn’t really that fun - too much of a circus!

Did it. Looks like the tag is removed from my privileges, I have a refund for the full amount to my card and my points stayed at post draw level.
I returned my first choice elk tag, I got my refund but still at 0 for my points. My points should be returning to pre-draw levels based on the wording in the regs and my successful email. Giving it a little time, I'm sure its not an instant process.

I returned my first choice elk tag, I got my refund but still at 0 for my points. My points should be returning to pre-draw levels based on the wording in the regs and my successful email. Giving it a little time, I'm sure its not an instant process.
Same! Let us know when your points have been restored

Same! Let us know when your points have been restored
I contacted via email and got the below response. I guess just keep your receipts before 2025 draw:

Preference point restorations typically occur in fall/winter but will be added back to your account before the 2025 primary draw.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom