Retirement avise

lve2143

Very Active Member
I can retire on 8/25 after 27 years for the state
of TX. I need to keep working.

I'd like to have hunting optional Sept, Oct and Nov.

I've been behind a desk for the last 20 years, but I
love manual labor.

I'm willing to work hard. Any thoughts on an in shape
50 year old dude, and what I might could do after laying
it down here.

I'm open to words......

laro

I always thought working at a hunting/fishing store would be fun. You get paid to talk about two of the greatest things all day!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

....crab fishing in the bering sea????....

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

My FIL retired from being a highway construction superintendent after 36 years at 55 years old. After 6 months he got bored and went down and got his commercial license......He now works for a sand and gravel company hauling material from the quarries to their concrete plants......Newer Peterbuilt truck......8 hours a day, AC and Heat, and biggest perk of all....NO STRESS.

>My FIL retired from being a
>highway construction superintendent after 36
>years at 55 years old.
>After 6 months he got
>bored and went down and
>got his commercial license......He now
>works for a sand and
>gravel company hauling material from
>the quarries to their concrete
>plants......Newer Peterbuilt truck......8 hours a
>day, AC and Heat, and
>biggest perk of all....NO STRESS.
>

In about three years I will retire from my .gov job. I told my wife I wanted to go back to hauling heavy equipment. A lot less stress.

You gotta get yourself some GRAMMAR Lessons!

To get Advice around here you gotta be able to Spell it first!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>"welcome to walmart"??

JUDAS REDDOG!

You're asking for more Wal-Mart Pic's?

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Be a wrangler on for a outfitter camp.

Travel out of state and maintain back-country trails. { if you wanted to leave the state}

Cabelas so you can work with outdoor supplies and get a discount at the store

If you're a veteran there are all sorts of cool jobs that you'd have preference over other guys. National Park Service, Corps of engineers, BLM, National Forest Service........... pc

I have 26 years in working for the state of Texas and I am going to hold on a little linger. Benefits are too good to start over at another job/career. Just 4 more years and my house will be paid off. I am thinking of holding on for 5-6 more years and then let them have it. I think, I can then spend my time fishing, gardening, fooling with the horses, and a little hunting. Don't really want to have to say "Welcome to Wal-Mart"

I have an idea! If you are going to retire......RETIRE!

People who retire and then get "bored" are idiots with no imagination!

If you can't find something to do with your free time, you may as well stay at work and get paid.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

Your in good shape and your work hasn't beat you down. In my opinion keep doing what your doing so when you do retire you are in good enough shape to enjoy your time off. I have been working the same job for 30 years this march. If I do this for another 15 years I will be so broke down I will be lucky to do anything in retirement. Ron

There is a lot of wisdom in what Idahoron says, IMO. Unless you have something specific that you've always wanted to do, it might be best to stay where you're at. It pays the bills and probably provides health insurance which is huge now days.

laro, you're not alone. Lots of people feel the same way.

Here in Kali the big thing is "gardening". You can get a marijuana medical card and legally grow 99 plants for personal use. I heard some people aren't following the rules though. They sell it instead of use it. A good second income that's not taxed or reported.

Eel

Run for political office. The pay isn't too bad and the bribes help a lot.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom