RETIRED

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
Well, after 32 years of teaching here in dear old Woodlake, CA, I finally submitted my retirement letter Tuesday. Got a nice little "incentive" check coming next Tuesday!! Yeah, baby. pc

About time Paul, when is the last day?? Not sticking it out till June??
Brian
2yy7c76.jpg

Good for you. Enjoy your retirement to the fullest. I just turned 37 and cant wait to retire. Working sure cuts into hunting time...

Paul;

Glad to hear you are joining the ranks of use old farts who have more time then anything else. Injoy your retirement and catch up on your fishing and hunting. BUT, watch out for that "Honey-Do" list. Wives love to spring that on you in the first year of retirement.

RELH

One more year left for this old boy. What is on your do the first year list?
driftersifter

I'm going to spend it ALL on beer!! hehe. Brian, contractually it is June 30th, but the last day I teach is June 3rd. Thanks for the helpful hints. pc

Paul,
Buy that 4th season Buck tag with your "stimulus" check like you told me you wanted..
Congrats to the retirement deal.
Brian

2yy7c76.jpg

You earned it. Now you can hunt all you want and play with the grandkids. My old man retired and now he lives everywhere but home whenever he can.

As for me I am negative 4 years (Junior in college) from starting my retirement, so who knows I may never get retired before I die off.

Congrats you made it!

Dillon

I have less then 2 yeas to go but not sure I can with the price of insurance. I would have a ways till I could get SS. Can you still SS at 62? Good luck to you.

PC,

Great job sticking it out. I used to think I was five years away from retirement. Before the stock market went south.

Enjoy it!

I have been living the good life for three years now.I don't want to burst your bubble but....Its better than you ever dreamed!Get up when you want,fish when you want,hunt when you want & don't have to say sir to nobody.....enjoy every minute you deserve it......Jim

Pablo:

Good for you!!! A lot of memories, huh? Now for some real fun! Stay in touch and call the next time you swing through Arizona ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Paul,

Congrats. Hope you enjoy all that free time. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't wait till I can join the Old Pharts and fish during the middle of the week and leave the weekends to the lake lice.

Phantom Hunter

Hey Paul, congratulations on your retirement. I live in Porterville only a few miles south of you. What school do you teach at? I actually wired Castle Rock Elementary School there in woodlake back when it was built. Do you know Ed Micham? He's got quite the game room there in Woodlake. I wired that too!

Anyways, congrats again!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

Hdude, Lil' Jimmy wants his share!

Howdy,

Paul, HOLD ON, WAIT, THINK FIRST. I retired in 2006 after 31 years teaching and coaching. I thought Phantom Hunter and I would just fish all the time, go on nice long walks with Ruthie, etc, etc. IT DON'T WORK THAT WAY!!!!!

I'm busier than EVER! I'm just not bringing in as much money doing it! I have four, count 'em... four jobs now, plus taking care of my elderly parents. The only good thing is, if I want to go visit Grandkids, nobody bothers me much.

In all seriousness, congratulations! Hope your time will be well enjoyed! Oh, may your fridge always be fully stocked!

Coach

Congrats Paul.Beer sales will be going up in June.Ha!What an awesome deal for you.I would definately treat yourself to that 4th season tag.You only live once man.This buds for you!!!:7

Jason, I teach at the Middle School. Yep, know Edgar well. He has killed a lot of stuff. Brian, good idea!! Thanks for your replies, gentlemen!! PC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom