Residents and non-residents

sniper14

I have a brother-in-law who lives in Idaho (I live out of state) he wants me to put in with him for deer. The odds of drawing according to last year are 50% for a resident and 20% for a non-residetn does anyone know what the odds are if we put in together. We were just wondering; he said if it increases his chances he would still put in with me, and if it decreases his chances I was out of the party. Some brother-in-law. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

If a resident puts in with a non res the application would be considered non resident. So it would lower his odds.

i don't want to give you unlucky advice. i will say i have had my name come up WAY more in the last few years putting in on group hunts. but who knows maybe this year i will strike out....

Residents and nonresidents go in the same pool together. Nonresidents can draw up to x% of the tags(not sure on the percentage). If you apply together and there is still a nonresident and resident tag available you both draw. If there isn't a nonresident tag available you both get rejected even if there are resident tags left. Kind of a bad deal for a resident.

My high school buddy and best friend of 30 years comes up every other year to hunt. When I look into this for putting in, I don't find that the NR pool odds are that much different, nor do they always pull all their tags, unless it is a high demand unit. Make sure you take a good look at those numbers online.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom