Residence Question?

W

wisconsinfarmer

I will be a resident of Wyoming in the summer of 2013 can I still buy a general deer and elk licence then? or am I left with what ever there is for leftover licences then?

Thanks

You can purchase resident general deer and elk tags over the counter when you reach the residency requirement which is 12 months of residence in the state. Until then, even if you live in Wyoming, you are considered a non-resident.

>I thought he could apply for
>resident lq tags as long
>as he is a resident
>before going afeild. thats how
>it works for youth anyhow
>

I wish people wouldnt pass out or even suggest things they "thought" or "think".

Its irresponsible at best, and likley to get an otherwise honest person in a bind with the law.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION IF YOU DONT KNOW FOR SURE WHAT THE ANSWER IS.

To qualify for any resident game and fish license, permit, preference point, or tag, a person shall be domiciled and shall physically reside in Wyoming for one (1) full year (365 consecutive days) immediately preceding the date the person applies for or purchases the license, permit, preference point, or tag and the person shall not have claimed residency elsewhere for any other purpose (including, but not limited to, voting, payment of income taxes, purchase of resident hunting, fishing,
or trapping licenses, etc.) for that one (1) year period.

Crystal clear, to apply for or purchase a resident license you must have lived in Wyoming for a full year....PERIOD.

Thanks guys I was wondering if because I would be a resident before season if I could apply in the lq area's. I guess I'll just have to take my general tags.

Thanks again

You could also buy leftover licenses after you've been in Wyoming a year as well (thinking antelope mainly).

On the plus side, general tags dont suck...

Your right BuzzH I'm very excited to be able to get general tags I have been looking around a lot and have found a few area's that I can't wait to get into next year. The antelope tag is really what I wanted to apply for my boy is 5 and he really like coming with me and it's just a little easier hunt for him, but hopefully I can get a good leftover tag.

Thanks again

Plenty of good leftover buck antelope tags out there.

Leftover buck from this year:

IMG_0800.JPG

Yeah, you shouldn't have to much trouble getting an antelope tag. If your good with extra doe/fawn tags, you may find numerous options.

"To qualify for any resident game and fish license, permit, preference point, or tag, a person shall be domiciled and shall physically reside in Wyoming for one (1) full year (365 consecutive days) immediately preceding the date the person applies for or purchases the license, permit, preference point, or tag and the person shall not have claimed residency elsewhere for any other purpose (including, but not limited to, voting, payment of income taxes, purchase of resident hunting, fishing,
or trapping licenses, etc.) for that one (1) year period."

Not that crystal clear to me. How does this work with snowbirds I have a buddy in South Dakota who is a resident an lives and hunts and fishes from April till about Dec in South Dakota then heads south to Ariz. where he has a house for the winter. Is that a resident in Wyoming because he never physically resides for 365 days in either state?

I dont know...seems pretty crystal clear to me:

A person shall lose his or her residency in Wyoming if he or she resides in any other state, territory, or country for an aggregate of one hundred eighty (180) days or more in a calendar year, unless he or she qualifies as one of the following:

? A minor dependent (Also see MINOR DEPENDENTS)
? Is temporarily employed in the service of the United States
? Is a patient at a hospital or institution
? Is attending school (Also see STUDENTS)
? Is an active duty member of the armed forces
(Also see MILITARY PERSONNEL)
? Is serving full time in an established volunteer
service (Also see SPECIAL SITUATIONS )
(Refer to ? 23-1-107 and WGFC Regulation Chapter 44 for detailed
requirements)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-12 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]Hey Corn, if yer saying yer buddy is from Wyoming and is claiming residency here while living in So Dak and AZ like you note, pm me his name and address. I'll turn his butt into the G&F and we can split any reward money...

Triple_BB I'm not saying that at all I said he lives in Pierre South Dakota where he fishes and hunts a lot as a resident from April to Dec. He then heads south to Ariz. when the snow starts blowing. So he's able to claim South Dakota residency although he goes to Arizona for 4 months.

I was interested in Wyoming law was on this because in what Buzz first posted it said 365 uninterrupted days. The later portion of reg. on Wyoming says that you can live out of state up to 180 days so I guess the initial 365 must be somehow clear, but not to me. I'll read it again.

It really isnt that complicated...you're just TRYING to make it complicated and looking for a loophole.

There isnt one.

To apply for, or purchase a Resident License you must reside in the state of Wyoming for 1 year, which is 365 days.

Once you establish residency, if you live anywhere in the world for more than an aggregate of 180 days, you're Wyoming Residency is revoked.

Simplify something for the idiots, and they just build a better idiot.

I really wasn't looking for a loophole or trying to make it complicated. I was simply trying to understand if you establish a residency in Wyoming and live there for 9 months then spend 3 months in your winter house where it is warmer if you we're still considered a resident in Wyoming as you are in many states.

You usually tell us you know everything about everything Buzz so I figured I'd ask a question for the most intelligent reliable source possible. Thank you for simplifying it for idiots like me.

That is a very nice buck I'd be happy as heck with that. I'm not real pick so if I could pick up a doe tag or two in a good area I'd be just fine with that.

Advanced math....3 months...multiplied by 31 days...equals 93. Since 93 is in fact less than 180 as long as your imaginary friend had previously established residency...he would be legal. Assuming he isn't claiming residency in any other state of course.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom