Research Meeting In Richfield

2lumpy

Long Time Member
Sevier County sportsmen have asked the Utah Div. of Wildlife Resources to provide an update on the:

Coyote Reduction/Fawn Survival Study that is going into it's third year on the Monroe Mule Deer Unit.

Also, for an update in the lengthy Cougar Study that has been going on for nearly a decade (as I understand it.)

The following is a notification I have just sent to our local sportsmen. However, this meeting is open to anyone interested in attending, so I'll share it with anyone else interested in the research data that has been gather to this point. I hope, in the future we'll be able to update folks in the same manner we've been updated on the Mule Deer Transplant Study on the Pahvant.

Here's the info:

Details and Information Regarding the Meeting on February 25, 2014

A number of sportsman have asked what has been happening with the Coyote Reduction and Fawn/Doe Survival Rates studies that the UDWR and our State's Universities have been conducting on the Monroe Unit.

There has also been an on going Monroe Cougar Study in the Monroe.

A lot of concern over the Studies has been expressed in the community and not a lot of regular information has been released on these Studies, as compared to the Deer Transplant Study that is being done on the Pahvant.

In an effort to update local sportsmen on current status of the Monroe Studies I have asked the UDWR and their partners (Universities) to provide us a comprehensive update. They have agreed to do that.

February 25, 2014 the various State Agencies and University Researchers will come to Richfield to present their data and discuss their observations regarding the cougars, coyotes reduction and fawn survival studies.

This will be an evening meeting, I will let you know the exact time and location tomorrow.

Here is what I need from you, prior to the meeting, in order for the Agency/Research folks to provide the most current information:

WHAT, IF ANY QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE STUDY GROUP?

IF YOUR HAVE CONCERNS OR WANT CLARIFICATIONS ON ANY THING YOU KNOW OR HAVE HEARD, THIS WILL BE AN IDEAL TIME TO ASK THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CONDUCTING THEIR RESEARCH.

PLEASE SEND ME ANY QUESTIONS BY THIS FRIDAY BY 12:00 SO I CAN FORWARD YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS TO JUSTIN SHANNON (UDWR BIG GAME BIOLOGIST), SO HE CAN FORWARD THEM TO THE APPROPRIATE RESEARCH GROUP.

SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS MAY REQUIRE DATA THEY HAVEN'T PLANNED TO PROVIDE, SO IF WE SEND THEM OUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS BEFORE THE MEETING, THEY WILL BE BETTER PREPARED TO PROVIDE RESEARCHED ANSWERS.

A great deal of time and money is being expended on these studies, in our behalf. We wanted answers to predator control, low fawn survival rates, cougar and coyote reductions, etc. The UDWR has responded by conducting these research studies. I hope you would join us, especially if you have questions, to discuss the progress they are making in the research on Feb. 25.

Please tell any and all sportsmen in the area that may have an interest in these mule recovery efforts and invite them to participate.

Thanks guys, please take a minute and let me know any questions or concerns that you have.

DC

This time and location from the UDWR folks:

The Southern Region has reserved a big room in the basement of the Sevier County Building, at 250 North Main Street in Richfield, from 6-9pm on February 25.

DC

>Let us know what you find
>out.

Go to General Hunting "Answers to Fawn-Coyote Survival Meeting" for info.
Lee Tracy (UWC)

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom