Renting to family

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I have been married 7 years. That time period my wife's daughter and son-in-law rented her home. We are selling mine now the market is good and moving to her home to fix and sell here home then find what we want.
Those kids destroyed the house i.e. dirty everything, carpet, lawn gone to pot,chicken poop all over the background and a hole in the master bedroom wall. They refuse to clean or do anything . They had a really cheap rent too.
With family like that who needs enemies ?

So?

Is that Daughter Yours too?

About the Time they have to Pay to Build a House they might Change There Tune!

I see alot of Renters that must think it's their God Given Right to Destroy the Owners House!(No Offense to your Family!)

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I let my sister and her husband stay in my house ( I had bought another that I moved into) rent free for six months before I sold the house with the understanding that they would save their money and could buy their own house. When they moved they had spent all their money and I had to repaint, repair broken tile, walls and kitchen counters. I vowed right then never again!

She doesn't act like she cares for her Mom when they can do that. It's apalling. They just bought a small house on 4 acres for 130 k. The septic field is not working. I hope it teaches them what it means somehow.

DeerMadness..." With Utmost Due Respect", Everything depends on what Octane your Wife of 7 years runs on.

My advice, if I read this scenario correctly, is to have small separate talks with Your Wife over days (Continue for a Month if necessary) and get a feeling if she wants to Drive over "Her" Daughter (Normal Landlord Tenant Tort; Small Claims) or, stay in Neutral. We "All" change our minds and especially when it comes to Family.

I have been to endless family disturbances. There's an Unwritten Rule, at times, in the minds of Children, no matter the age, that Mom/Dad Owes them and anything loaned, Especially Money/Real estate never needs to "Really" be paid back.

OK, so I Know this but guess what I have been guilty of with my eldest..? :) Yes, I am/was a sucker.

If the money I loaned had added up to more than maybe a couple thousand then yes, I may have taught her one....last...lesson....in Court. But, I doubt I would.

If your losses are in the tens of thousands, my beginning statement about talking with Your Wife is important. You want to be by her side forever, even if its in her feelings about how far you'd go to protect her and your two's future. Hence, Octane.....

Some Couples decide to build a Net Worth of One Million+ by age 30, 40, 50...each differ. But it seem's the kids may hinder your fiscal wealth.

I've been in real estate for 11 years now and have heard some stories.

Family don't mean jack when it comes to free rent or free anything! If it's free...they won't respect it or you. Sorry for you having to go through that. Tough life lesson...

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-16 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]I've rented/loaned to family and never had an issue. They also know I am the biggest plick on earth when it comes to broken promises.

When I was in the Navy, I rented a house out to a guy and his family. They trashed the house...hole in the closet door, fresh gear lube on the garage floor, and cat shiiiit piled up in the dining room. Oh, and a Margarita stain in the living room that the wife thought was funny.

Then they wondered why they didn't get their deposit back. Cost me 2K to replace the carpet.

He went on to be the maintenance chief for the Blue Angel's.

4 years later I burned a cross into his lawn (they bought a house in the same neighborhood) with a dozen tubs of Mortons table salt.

>LAST EDITED ON May-14-16
>AT 12:04?PM (MST)

>
>I've rented/loaned to family and never
>had an issue. They
>also know I am the
>biggest plick on earth when
>it comes to broken promises.
>
>
>When I was in the Navy,
>I rented a house out
>to a guy and his
>family. They trashed the
>house...hole in the closet door,
>fresh gear lube on the
>garage floor, and cat shiiiit
>piled up in the dining
>room. Oh, and
>a Margarita stain in the
>living room that the wife
>thought was funny.
>
>Then they wondered why they didn't
>get their deposit back.
>Cost me 2K to replace
>the carpet.
>
>He went on to be the
>maintenance chief for the Blue
>Angel's.
>
>4 years later I burned a
>cross into his lawn (they
>bought a house in the
>same neighborhood) with a dozen
>tubs of Mortons table salt.
>

So doc?

I don't wanna borrow any of your broken body parts!

I've got enough of my own!

What you say I borrow or Rent your New Pick-up this Fall during Hunting Season?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

>>LAST EDITED ON May-14-16
>>AT 12:04?PM (MST)

>>
>>I've rented/loaned to family and never
>>had an issue. They
>>also know I am the
>>biggest plick on earth when
>>it comes to broken promises.
>>
>>
>>When I was in the Navy,
>>I rented a house out
>>to a guy and his
>>family. They trashed the
>>house...hole in the closet door,
>>fresh gear lube on the
>>garage floor, and cat shiiiit
>>piled up in the dining
>>room. Oh, and
>>a Margarita stain in the
>>living room that the wife
>>thought was funny.
>>
>>Then they wondered why they didn't
>>get their deposit back.
>>Cost me 2K to replace
>>the carpet.
>>
>>He went on to be the
>>maintenance chief for the Blue
>>Angel's.
>>
>>4 years later I burned a
>>cross into his lawn (they
>>bought a house in the
>>same neighborhood) with a dozen
>>tubs of Mortons table salt.
>>
>
>So doc?
>
>I don't wanna borrow any of
>your broken body parts!
>
>I've got enough of my own!
>
>
>What you say I borrow or
>Rent your New Pick-up this
>Fall during Hunting Season?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA
>SEE
>THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
>[/font]
>
>

Sure. Come on by the house.

Oh I will have to move on and I am one to let a grudge go. It's been 7 years of losing money renting that house to them. I am glad it's going to be over now.

"I like the Morton salt trick."

Vegetation killer works better, lasts longer, and is invisible. Plick got to change out his new front lawn twice.

Never ever do business with family. If you disregard prepare to get burned. From there you can either take it like a jerk or say something. If you choose to say something know ahead of time it is the equivalent of dropping an atom bomb.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Never ever do business with family.
>If you disregard prepare to
>get burned. From there
>you can either take it
>like a jerk or say
>something. If you choose
>to say something know ahead
>of time it is the
>equivalent of dropping an atom
>bomb.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

JUDAS 1911!!!

Did You Rent something to a Family Member?

Or Ask them for their Autograph?:D

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

LAST EDITED ON May-17-16 AT 04:27PM (MST)[p]You are right 1911. I dropped the atom bomb and it did nothing good. I took 7 truckloads of trash away, my wife and Mother In Law worked for days so far. I cleaned the dirtiest bathroom I've ever seen even had to use pumice.
I'm cured and so is Mrs Madness. No more family renting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom