Reno/Carson City

TerynItUp

My bride and I are honeymooning in Tahoe, staying in Tahoe City and want some ideas. We are making the drive all the way around the lake today and are going to be passing through Carson City and Reno. Any ideas of things to do besides Cabelas in Reno???

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Virginia city and Scheel's in Sparks.

Scheel's is a HUGE sporting goods store right off of 80 in Sparks.

Not very honeymoony but cooler than Cabelas IMO.

Should be able to see a lot of wintering bucks in the hills west of Reno if you have your optics.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-12 AT 01:55PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-12 AT 01:54?PM (MST)

http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com/attractions.html

If you take the drive from Carson City up to Reno, look to your right for a sign that says "east lake drive" or something like that. The road is just past the CC city limits on the RH side of the road. About 5 miles up the road on the right are a series of alfalfa fields. Lots of deer in them this time of year.

Congrats on your new bride. Post pics so we can poke fun at you. :)

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Currently in scheels as I type this, awesome store. We took the east lake blvd all the way around to the hwy, didn't see any deer but probably the biggest coyote I have ever seen. Might check out wild horse this evening. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Where in Tahoe City are you staying? There use to be a Adults style Motel on the south end of town, pretty exciting for a marrying couple.
Big Heart shape Bed in Red Velvet and Jacuzzi in the room and mirrors on the ceiling and walls...plus Adult TV.

And unfortunately, they do not have a hanging basket from the ceiling or NVBighorn would be fighting you for that room.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

There is an old paddle wheel boat.... something "Queen" that does a dinner/dance out on the lake every night. It takes off from the east side of the lake and cruises over to emerald bay, then back to the dock. Its about a 3-4 hr deal with a bar on all three floors. My wife and I have been a few times and its a blast.... live band and everything.

Dude! You're on your honeymoon! What the hell are you even doing out of your hotel room?! You're definately not living up to your screen name!:)

It's always an adventure!!!

That's why NV's suggestion is right on the money.

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Can't pass on a visit to Virginia City.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom