Remington Ultimate Muzzle loader

NM Paul, Just thinking out loud here. Wonder if a hunter could purchase direct from the Remington factory an 'adapter' kit to convert an older Remington 700 ML rifle to the newer type technology? I have an older model 700 that I like very much....it suits me perfectly after 10 or 12 seasons. Any comment or advice would be appreciated. Cow Tag

>NM Paul, Just thinking out loud
>here. Wonder if a hunter
>could purchase direct from the
>Remington factory an 'adapter' kit
>to convert an older Remington
>700 ML rifle to the
>newer type technology? I have
>an older model 700 that
>I like very much....it suits
>me perfectly after 10 or
>12 seasons. Any comment or
>advice would be appreciated. Cow
>Tag

I doubt it. I think it is a knock off of the Johnston ML with really no way to remove the breach.

Also, doubt if the old remington has a 26" barrel. Curious if anyone has shot one. Betting it kicks like a locomotive.

LAST EDITED ON May-12-14 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]Cowtag- there are many conversions for the old 700ml. You can convert them to a pacnor custom barrel setup for smokeless powder. Also the 209 conversion from Cecil at RP muzzleloading is a nice upgrade.

The new 700 doesn't really appeal to me much unless smokeless powder can be used. They do seem nice though.

Hunters, last season I purchased the 209 conversion at RP and I am very well satisfied with it. I recommend it to anyone that has an old Remington 700 ML with the #11 cap or maybe the musket cap.....much more fire power with the new 209 conversion. My stainless steel model 700 ML has a 24" barrel. I am not familiar with the pacnor custom barrel setup but will investigate and learn more. I use 777 in my Remington 700 and I recently learned direct from the Remington factory that I could use the Black Horn 209 powder in my old Remington. Thank you all for your advice and direction. I appreciate it. Cow Tag from southern Illinois.

This is Old/New NEWS!

I seen a Guy at the EXPO a couple years ago selling these?

Did Remington Buy Him Out?

He sell the PATENT?

They are perty Spendy I do know that part!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

http://ultimatefirearms.com/

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

There are a lot of muzzle loaders being built basically the same way. Dougs message board has a lot on smokeless muzz. People sell a hunters bolt conversion for the old Rem muzzle loaders and different breech plug for a nice conversion. Some are set up to be shot both saboted and sabotless. Most can be shot with smokeless powder or black powder substitutes. When I did mine I took a custom 700 I had and just had a buddy build a breech plug and we put a brux 45 barrel on it. Smith only tried a couple saboted loads to sight in and didnt' shoot great. Only sabotless loads I have shot at 100 yards with various loads and both powder types have had bullet holes touching each other. Easiest gun I have ever had to make shoot great. I tested it out to 500 with blackhorn 209 as smokeless was not legal in NM for ibex. I shot my Ibex at 380 yards. It really is wrong how easy it is to make this gun shoot amazing

Paul : Peanut has one he got it last summer it's pretty slick the primer's are in brass casings . Peanut loves his . It's a shooter you might ask him about it .

That is the Johnston one. To me it looks like the breach is different, not sure if there are any other differences.

I assume remington bought out Johnson, but, the Johnson website is still up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom