Remington ML700 trigger adjustment

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I have a Remington 700ml muzzleloader. Recently the trigger has been getting more and more sensitive (light and easy to pull).

It is so light now that I fire it before I am ready - and I am very worried about shooting to soon in a hunting scenario when I am excited.

Is this something I can adjust myself easily? I took a quick look at it and I did not see a way to adjust it myself.

Thanks!

I shoot the same Gun Don & haven't had that trouble!(Yet!)

Let us know what you find out?

Curious to know what kinda load your Gun likes?

Mine was a Real Prick to dial in!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Is the ML700 trigger the same as the Model 700 centerfire series? If so I might have some insight to share.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

This is a common problem in young shooters. Premature trigger release is hard to overcome. I suggest practice, practice, practice. Use a mental image to help prevent premature firing....maybe a visual of elkassassin will help you. When I first stated using my weaponry I had a similar issue. Once you get through the break-in process, you should have better success. Good luck.

Definetly not a new shooter and no doubt the gun was not like this. It is way way to sensitive.

Not sure if trigger is the same at 700bdl - good quesion, it does not look the same but the tigger adjustment might be the same?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-12 AT 10:44AM (MST)[p]sneakattack...lol :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer? See Zeke for prime example....

I would guess it's a heat treat problem of the sear. The sear and/or hasp will wear if not hard enough with a result exactly like you are getting. The screws "should" be loctited in to prevent movement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom