Remembering my Grandpa

B

bbentley392t

Not sure if this is the 'correct' forum or not, but a couple of months back my Grandpa unfortunately passed away at nearly the age of 80 and as I just wanted to share something with my fellow hunters & family men. My grandpa, as I'm sure most of yours were as well...was an avid outdoorsman who was instrumental to instilling within me the joys & responsibilities of hunting. After his funeral, I decided that I would take the antlers of a buck that Grandpa had harvested back in early 1980's (that have just been sitting on a generic plaque in the basement all these years) and have my good friend & taxidermist mount them on a cape...I felt like it would be a really great way to memorialize his spirit and serve as a daily reminder of him. Yesterday I was able to pick up the buck and bring him home, and I feel so privileged to have this memento on display in my house...to now have one of my Grandpa's best trophies along with the very same .30-06 rifle he used to harvest the buck that I inherited after his passing, is truly an honor.

Has anyone here ever done something similar???

IMG_8343_a_zps9fde2628.jpg

I have a feeling your Grandpa is smiling down at you. Keep the memories and do the same for your grandkids.

RELH

I wanted to do this with my Dad's buck( he passed away several years ago)...maybe someday. I ended up just keeping his plaque the way it graced the walls of his home. He made the simple plaque himself.
5663dads_big_buck.jpg

825001.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom