Reloading for a 220 swift?

H

hangingmeat

well i hate to interupt the "sfw" forum, and i agree- there is no reason that stuff should waist space in the "utah" forum.........

ANYWAYS--- i finally have enough cases to start working up a load, about 10 boxes.

I know I'm going to do all the shooting, testing, pressure check, etc...

I was just curious to hear what other's have found to be a sweet shooting combo of bullet/powder?

i'm not really wanting to try and get the most speed possible- the gun shoots flat/fast enough, so i dont mind shooting a base load.

anybody load for a swift?

My swift load of choice is:
cci 200 primer
42 grains of IMR 4350
55 grain V-max

i like it!
just the kind of feed back i was looking for- it might not work for me at all, but I'm just trying to cut the "which on to try" corner. i load IMR 4350 for my 30-06 so that's kinda handy.

maybe i should post a couple other loads I'm thinking of trying and someone could say what they think of it?

You may be best to scroll down and put your stuff under the "Guns, Bows, and Shooting" Forum where it will probably stay near the top for a length of time.

I do the same load and bullet...and have killed anything from prairie dogs to Buck Deer..if it was the only gun I could own...it would be #1 choice..

topgun- i didn't realize there was a shooting forum- thanks for the heads up, I'll post this over there.

but keep them coming!

I use H380 powder...book is in the cabin...52-55 grain bullet and a CCI250 primer.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom