REI BINO'S

nmwapiti

Any one out there know who manufactures REI binoculars? I just got a pair of the 10X50's and think they are awesome. I compared them to the Nikon Monarch series and thought for the price they were just as good.

Yes they are made in China. I am wondering what company makes them, like Steiner produces some of the Cabela brand binos.

At that price they are almost certainly Chinese. These days in the optics world there are OEM companies all over the place that produce binoculars. What companies do is to create a price point they want to sell at and then look around and see what they can get. Or, some will set a range of specifications and get what they can that best suits their goals for the best price. You will probably never figure out "who made them". Another trap people will fall into is that because two binoculars look the same and one is a lot less expensive than the other, then the less expensive one has to be a killer deal. REI probably set their specs and found where they could get the best deal and had whoever made them stick the REI label on the binocular. These do not appear to be phase corrected, a feature I would require on a roof prism binocular.

Thanks for your input. Makes sense, price point, features and then find a manufacturer who will produce them. I am enjoying them, great binos for the $$$, IMO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom