Region W

J

jeff11

How is the hunting in region W? Is the hunting around Baggs better then the hunting around Rock Springs? Any help would be appreciated.

I have hunted region D and that area used to be a part of it. Drove down there once but the word was hunt Battle Mountain. Work hard and you will get something. A lot of road hunters and people not willing to go up it. Good luck. I'm leaving for Encampment on 9/29 and can't wait. Good hunting.

I've hunted 82 witch is the east side of W. Myself I would hunt off Nat. forest in the BLM and the later part of the season. there is a reason the late season tag for that area has a 3.5% chance of a res drawing. The deer will move down from the NF when the hunting pressure picks up. Some do hang up on the privite but a lot will head out to the sage and junipers.

The deer hunting around Baggs and the eastern edge of the Sierra Madres is some of the best deer hunting anywhere. This is no secret as it does get pounded by hunters each year, but the population is always great for deer and despite the pressure, there are trophy deer in the area. There are many road hunters as mentioned before and sometimes it seems like a 4-wheeler parade. If you are willing do do some walking and take time to glass, a nice buck is not out of the question. I've also hunted between Baggs and Rock Springs in the desert and although the population of deer is smaller, there are some bruisers in the area. You must have good optics as the sage brush and canyons are big in this area. A buddy of mine shot a 183 typical muley west of Baggs about 6 years ago. Take your time to glass and you should have chances at some fine deer.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom