Region R terrain?

B

buzzard

unless tag numbers are dropped it looks like psrtner and i will draw region r deer for this fall. can anybody with knowledge of the area give me a heads up of what kind of terrain we will have to choose from? big difference in north and south ends of region? your info is appreciated.

The lower area at about 4000'+ from TenSleep on north going up through Hyattville, Basin, etc. and over to the western boundary are basically irrigated fields mixed with sagebrush and various drainages with heavier trees and growth. As you go to the east higher into the foothills you start getting into rougher country with rolling hills and cuts, all the way into some pretty rough canyon country as you go up toward the Montana border into unit 53. The further you go north and northeast the more desolate it gets. The eastern 1/3 up into the BigHorn NF is basically heavy timber and more of what you would call elk country, although there are supposed to be some decent bucks up in there if you can find them. From what I've seen and heard of R over the last few years, unless you pay a rancher an access fee I would shoot the first 140" buck you see and be happy.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom