Region G for a couple of young guns

Tommyboy87

Howdy everyone I hope you all are doing well! Luck struck me hard this year and a buddy and I were successful in drawing unit G and we are pretty dang excited! I hunted G back when I was fourteen years of age (that was 20+ years ago) and I have pretty much forgotten everywhere I hunted at that time. My buddy and I applied for this tag relying on help from his father who is pretty familiar with G but just this past week he suffered a pretty bad stroke so now we are scrambling to find some areas to scout/hunt since his father is in no position to help out right now! I plan on focusing our scouting trips around the box canyon and corral creek areas, I would like to get back in around 6 miles on our E-bikes (sorry I don’t own horses and lamas are kinda pricey) and camp for a few days to see what is kicking around. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated seeing how we know pretty much nothing about the area, I’m not asking for secret spots or honey holes just maybe some areas I can get us and our bikes back into some where we can camp and turn up some deer! Thanks in advance gents and if there is any questions around hunting in Utah hit me up! Yes I am a U-tard ???

Howdy everyone I hope you all are doing well! Luck struck me hard this year and a buddy and I were successful in drawing unit G and we are pretty dang excited! I hunted G back when I was fourteen years of age (that was 20+ years ago) and I have pretty much forgotten everywhere I hunted at that time. My buddy and I applied for this tag relying on help from his father who is pretty familiar with G but just this past week he suffered a pretty bad stroke so now we are scrambling to find some areas to scout/hunt since his father is in no position to help out right now! I plan on focusing our scouting trips around the box canyon and corral creek areas, I would like to get back in around 6 miles on our E-bikes (sorry I don’t own horses and lamas are kinda pricey) and camp for a few days to see what is kicking around. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated seeing how we know pretty much nothing about the area, I’m not asking for secret spots or honey holes just maybe some areas I can get us and our bikes back into some where we can camp and turn up some deer! Thanks in advance gents and if there is any questions around hunting in Utah hit me up! Yes I am a U-tard ???
You will regret trying to take a motorized bike up most of those trails as they are VERY ROCKY and steep. You also need to remember the few trails that are open for motorized use they close on Sept. 10th so well before the rifle hunt begins. Your better off just backpacking or renting horses. Those trails are very steep and many experienced guys riding Honda 450 dirt bikes struggle so an E bike will have very little chance of making it up those trails. You also need a Wyoming OHV sticker so be sure and get one of those if you try it. Plan on opening morning having multiple camps in every basin up there. You will see more hunter Orange than deer the first few days around the Opener. Some guys just avoid the first 4-5 days and hunt the last week as the crowds slim down considerably. It can still produce a few outstanding bucks but many factors are hindering the Wyoming Range at current. Good Luck.

If you have to use your e-bikes, go to the Wyoming Parks and Trails website. www.wyoparks.wyo.gov
You can navigate in there and download a new copy of the 2021 ORV map for the Wyoming Range. That'll show you everywhere you can ride your e-bikes (i.e. anywhere you can take a 48" or less atv or motorcycle), anything else is off limits to e-bikes. Have fun scouting.

You will regret trying to take a motorized bike up most of those trails as they are VERY ROCKY and steep. You also need to remember the few trails that are open for motorized use they close on Sept. 10th so well before the rifle hunt begins. Your better off just backpacking or renting horses. Those trails are very steep and many experienced guys riding Honda 450 dirt bikes struggle so an E bike will have very little chance of making it up those trails. You also need a Wyoming OHV sticker so be sure and get one of those if you try it. Plan on opening morning having multiple camps in every basin up there. You will see more hunter Orange than deer the first few days around the Opener. Some guys just avoid the first 4-5 days and hunt the last week as the crowds slim down considerably. It can still produce a few outstanding bucks but many factors are hindering the Wyoming Range at current. Good Luck.
Thanks man for the heads up! I totally understand that it is not an ideal year to have the tag but we drew with only two points so in figure we run with it!

If you have to use your e-bikes, go to the Wyoming Parks and Trails website. www.wyoparks.wyo.gov
You can navigate in there and download a new copy of the 2021 ORV map for the Wyoming Range. That'll show you everywhere you can ride your e-bikes (i.e. anywhere you can take a 48" or less atv or motorcycle), anything else is off limits to e-bikes. Have fun scouting.
Thank you for taking the time to respond! I will most defiantly download the map to ensure we are not out of compliance!

It’s a common misconception that same places in G are better than others. It’s really all the same. Every basin has bucks in it, and they all get hunted. Just pick one and go. Your skills as a hunter will have a more significant outcome on your success than will which canyon you hunt. Focus more on being a good glasser, and shoot your rifle a hundred times between now and when the hunt starts. That’s the important stuff.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom