Redneck Map

kilowatt

47d59ad279bbe2b4.jpg

Brian;

Are you familar how the term "Redneck" originated. Ransom's and my relatives were involved in the original "redneck" term being used. I let you take a guess how it happen. Ransom do not tell Brian anything unless he parts with a "honeyhole" hunting spot, and one that has not been shot out!!!!

RELH

YUP......HAD TO DO WITH THE COAL FIELDS BACK EAST IN THE EARLY 1900'S. THERE WAS A 80 MILE MARCH OF THE COAL MINERS TO BATTLE WITH THE ORGANIZED LABOR UNION & THEY ALL WORE RED BANDANAS AROUND THERE NECKS TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES......THUS THE REDNECK TERM............YD.

So now I have to move to the bright green state ?

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Darn it YukonDall, you ruined our chance to get a honeyhole out of Kilowatt. It happen in 1921 when 5,000 armed striking coal miners marched on McDowell County West Virginia to revenge the murder of Sid Hatfield at the courthouse steps in McDowell county. Had a big battle at Blair mountain where it has been reported that 50,000 -100,000 shots had been traded back and forth during the 5-6 day battle. Militia was called in to quell the fight. The miners to identifly themselfs wore red bandannas around their necks, thus the term "redneck".
Sid Hatfield was the police chief of Matewan, WV. when he took part in the killing of 7 Baldwin-Felts guards that were kicking the miners and families out of coal mining houses for trying to joint the mine workers union. He was murdered by baldwin-Felts guards at the courthouse when he was unarmed with his two 44's that he always carried. My Father was involved in that little dispute on the side of the coal miners.

RELH

Kilo

Hey I see I'm in Japan right now. Makes sense, kind of, after walking through the airport yesterday.

RELH

Keep giving the yankee (Kilo) hell.

Ransom

Ransom;
Are you kidding me? Is Kilowatt really a Yankee, I just thought he was a good old N.Kali boy that had deep southern feelings. Just think, I really like him, now I hear he is a Yankee after all. I guess living to far North just effected his brain.
Ransom, tell me that you are pulling my leg about Kilowatt!!!

RELH

RELH

Well it's just a real good guess about Kilo. He sure acts like a yankee and has a name that sounds like it would be associated with the McCoy's to me. If he is innocent, let him speak.

Ransom

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-08 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]Damn,
Why do I need to explain anything to you, but since you asked I will give a brief Genealogy account of my ancesters.

My GGGGGGGG Grandfather, John Clary came to Maryland on Oct. 1677 at the age of 17 probably from England.
Jump ahead to to my Great Grandfather William Henry Clary he was born in 1819 in Tennessee. He later married a lady in Indiana in 1844, who was from Kentucky, and he died in 1864 in Keokuk County, Iowa in 1864. He was in Co.B, 14th Reg. Iowa Inf. Vol. Military Service Civil War.
A lot of the Clary's from the south headed west to Texas, some split up when they left Tenn. and went north. In Illinois there is a place (Historical Location now) where the Clary Gang had taken over so to speak.
It was there that they were to become friends with and later go off to fight along side ABE LINCOLN in the Blackhawk War.

My Grandfather left home at 13 and never went back home to Iowa got out to Oregon/Wash and met my Grandmother and raised a family till he up and split leaving them to fend for themselves, nice guy. He died before I was born, so never knew him.
From what I was told when someone would ask him where he was from, he would say ILL. and when asked about his family, would answer, "Haven't you ever heard of the CLARY GANG" and never answered anything else.

So I guess deep inside I am a REDNECK TOO. And since I think alot like the others from the south, yea I am a REDNECK. ....................Brian

See Ransom! you were wrong about Kilowatt. I just knew there was a reason to like him, and he has good common sense and a big sense of humor.
Ransom, you watch your backtrail, that sense of humor he has will cause him to get even with you for calling him a Darn Yankee. Also watch your flank, eelgrass will be lurking to help him nail your hide to the barn wall.

RELH

Brian, it sounds like your relatives were kind of a bad influence on Abe Lincoln.

"Mr. Lincoln did not stoop to the level of such contemporaries, however. ?Lincoln was as full of fun as a dog is of fleas, and yet he was not guilty of mean tricks,? recalled Daniel Green Burner. ?I never knew him to perform one. He had no part in the rowdyism of the Clary Grove gang."

"After that Abe was considered one of the Clary?s Grove boys. I believe they called him president of their club. Abe and Jack got to be great friends and Abe used to stay at Jack?s house.?

Actually, If I'd known I was antelope hunting with one of the Clary Grove gang, I would have picked up the tab a little more than I did. Maybe next time!:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom