REDDOG & HOT RELOADS!

S

ShowThemToMe

Recently I was talkin with REDDOG here from MM & he claimed he could load some 357 Bullets up for my Smith & Wesson 686!

I really liked this Gun!

What do you Guys think caused this?

I bounced him for overloading them but he won't have it!

459686.jpg

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Normally I would suggest you loaded them too hot thus causing excess pressure the gun could not handle. Upon closer inspection of the photos, it would appear that your mistake was not putting any powder in them at all. I don't see a single spec.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

There appears to be a obstruction in the forcing cone of the barrel. Looks like the base of the bullet from the cylinder behind the forcing cone. That would indicate a squib load from the cylinder before it. Possibly no powder, just primer to move the bullet into the barrel.
You should have noticed the squib load and checked the gun before pulling the trigger again. When the second round was fired, it lodged behind the squib bullet and since the base of that bullet was still in the cylinder, the pressure jumped sky high and blew the cylinder apart.

Just one picture makes it hard to fully see what may have happen.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-01-12 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]Looks to me like the handgun could have been heated up. Maybe a fire or something causing the rounds to explode. Maybe not.

I think STTM knows exactly what caused the problem! Nope, couldn't have been the expert ballistician that loaded them for him! Nope, no way!!! Thank God you weren't hurt and could ask the question!!!

Oh I'm Hurt!

You ought to see my Pride!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

fire it again..The next round should clear it..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-12 AT 00:10AM (MST)[p]I got this back in December in an email saying

First it was baby formula, then pet food, but now you should Watch out when buying anything from China, including bright, Shiny ammunition.

A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead. Leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around His head, the pictures show what he saw. Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again! Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, It also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders. I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on That one!

Hey Bess. You didn't happen to high country tune up his wheeler prior to this did ya?
Holy $hit. Bet you gotta use the other hand now

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom