Recording Old Monster

W

windybownarro

Recently acquired a monster. It was mounted in 1927, so assume that's when it was shot. Been in my family, know where it was at in Wyoming. It scored 193.75 + 16.5 of extras. Is it possible to record this deer?

Pic's would be nice :)

From your description, sounds like a toad buck for sure but maybe not the stuff of the record books. Might be other ways but again, let's see that bad boy!!

Joey

190 net for typicals will get you in the B&C. I have entered a couple of my grandfathers trophies so you should'nt have a problem. Go to the B&C website, find an official measurer near you, and they will instruct you what to do.

And yes pics please.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

>WOuld love to see a pic.
>But he wont make B&C
>as a typical or non-typical
>

Would'nt 193 6/8ths + 16 4/8 ths of extras = 210 2/8ths gross??? The extras ..... 16 4/8ths which is column "E" is subtracted from the gross score giving the net of 193 6/8ths. The minimun in the all time book is 190 net.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Correct me if I'm wrong, for B&C you need 180 for typical, and 210 for non-typical right? Here's his photo, 7x7 with an inside spread of 27in, tip to tip spread of 29 1/8.

4b130dd0044689d6.jpg

180" is for the "Awards Book" or the B team. 190 is the minimum for the "All Time Records". Non typical is 215 and 230.

Hardway, Nope! first off 196 6/8 might be a gross score, not a net which it would need to be. Then the extras are never added to the score, unless going for a non-typ score, they are subtracted from the Net Typ frame to get a Net typ Score.

Heck of a buck! I guess if you're into just having him documented you might try to get him listed for "awards". Most guys i know consider the record book or "book" as B&C's "Records of North American Big Game". 190

Joey

IDK Hardway, if your reading it correctly, he will make it as a typical, if I am, he wont! cool buck tho.

Red...I think Joey is right. The abnormal points are subracted from the typical frame which would make him only 180 or so. I dont care anymore :)

"Nontheless That is a really cool buck!"

Yes it is. Look at those freaking long main beams and awesome g-4's!!!

The original poster said, "It scored 196..." By that, i'm not sure when it was scored or if it was an official scorer at that. It might have what's needed and always tough to tell until officially scored. I might, if it were my family's, also have another cape and mount job done.

If, or not, a big buck makes the all times "Book" is never a cut or disrespect to a hunter or individual buck. I used to score a lot of really huge outa state bucks and have scored many that grossed plenty high enough but when all the figuring was done, for one reason or another, they would come up inches short of the set mark. My hunting partner likes to tell the story of an old Indian ranch hand who was telling him of a ol "big buck" he had recently seen. My partner asked the wise old guy just how big was this buck. The Indian replied, "I seen a lota buck. When i say big...is BIG!"

This buck is big!!
Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom