Recommendations: Toyota 4Runner or Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
The wife is looking to get one of these and was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on the pros and cons of either one. We'll likely be purchasing a used, but newer model (2009 and up).

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Bwht4x4

buy american...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

My wife and I rented a 2010 Grand Cherokee for a trip we took, it's pretty sweet. Don't plan on taking it hunting though it's to nice for that. The best advice was already given, buy American.

Yah, buy something that's been bought with Obama's money! Toyota is American as anything else.

Traditional >>>------->

No doubt they are great rigs, wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Have owned several Toyotas over the years and never had a problem with any of them, they last forever! They probably are as american as anything else you can buy.
Most people that say "buy American" don't hesitate to go to Walmart where almost everything is "not American", and most don't even realize how much foriegn stuff they are buying daily, if they did they would be shocked.

>buy american...
>
>
>JB
>
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

JB, what Chinese made electronic did you use to post on???

Traditional >>>------->

I won't argue they're better built than alot of American Trucks!

That's part of the problem with the Big 3 & Our Government!

Don't know about the rest of you but I haven't forgot Pearl Harbor yet?

How many Japs do you see driving Fords,Dodges & Chevy's?

I expect some answers?

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

I have no experience with Toyota, sorry, can't recommend one.

Never did like the idea of buying a rig where another Country gets the profit. My Chevy's and GMC's last forever, had one go 375K on the first 350 engine and didn't really need to swap it even then, and they get pretty good gas mileage if not loaded down. Also, i carry around a Cabover camper on my hunting rigs, about never have to get a motel room or inconvenience anybody when visiting out of town cause i have my home away from home with me. That alone is worth more than a few miles per gal if that's what the attraction is.

Now, if them Toyota's 4x4's were getting 30 MPG and could easy pack around a cabover while out on the back roads like mine can, i'd have to hard think on it! Naw, my rigs are paid for but good luck to you in your search!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Personally, no imports for me. The Jeep is a better looking rig, and with the right options, a great off-roader. I had one of the smaller Cherokees. Damn good rig. Sold it and bought a Yukon. More room is about all I gained. mtmuley

Show 'em, here is the Chevy we delivered to Japan.

7657frightening_hiroshima_and_640_16.jpg

Japan made a mistake at Pearl Harbor. We got even, unlike all the other wars since.

You could say that Japen saw the light. Well at least for an instant.:)

Japan has been a good neighbor ever since.

I think some American cars are exported to Japan.

Open the door on a new Toyota. That new car smell is actually Japanese farts.:)

Eel

LMAO Eel!

I think it's time for a few other Countries to see the Light!

Can you Imagine if We'd of fought that War like We've fought the last few?

Gotta love them Big Chevy's!:D

I say it's time to Export a few more of them!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

we lost how many people in the war with japan.and you want to buy from them. wake up. forget and forgive my azz...

I've always love the hypocritical self-righteous replies. All of our houses are filled to the top with foreign made, especially Asian, products. If you have kids I'd bet you'd struggle to find one of their toys that isn't made overseas. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 and it too was assembled in Mexico and we all type away and print from our foreign made computers. Thanks to those that actually had a solid recommendation.

I like buy buy local first, American second, but if you seriously think you are buying only American you are up in the night! Quite being hypocrites!

Traditional >>>------->

bwlht4x4. does your wife and kids really belive your bull shizz.. are homes are filled with shiz; because people like you are to lazzy to demand better.....

LAST EDITED ON Jan-08-12 AT 08:39PM (MST)[p] Have a cell phone? house phone? I doubt you will see made in USA on it. Type your replies on an American computer? doubt it. Clothes on your back? Take pictures and post them with a US made camara? Lots of Chevys are made in Canada, yes i have one, says right on the door Made in good ol Canada. Got tires on that truck? Very few are made in the states. 4wheeler? Even the ones that say made in USA are only assembled here. Most of you fall all over yourself trying to get Swaro optics, when there is quality glass made right here.
I dont disagree with those who say "buy American", its just hypocritical to say that you do. Lots of us "try" to buy American as much as we can and thats great, but it doesn't always work that way.
As far as being lazy to demand better....hmmmm it was the American companies who decided to take thier manufactureing overseas and to Mexico...could we demand that they relocate back to the US? Sure.....will they? Not on your life.

4Runner would be much better choice as a serious 4wd vehicle.

put 150k miles on both and the jeep will be a piece of junk and you will give it away and the Toyota will be just getting broke in.
It is worth the extra money up front.

>4Runner would be much better choice
>as a serious 4wd vehicle.
>
>
>put 150k miles on both and
>the jeep will be a
>piece of junk and you
>will give it away and
>the Toyota will be just
>getting broke in.
>It is worth the extra money
>up front.

Since my blood is Ford blue I would say why not an Explorer?

I agree with Paul that the 4-runner is much better choice for durability between the two, they're just small inside.

Here's my take on the "buy American" topic.

1. The US Gov't and labor unions have ruined our economy and the American Way forever. Big corporations who manufacture goods can not make a profit in this country unless they manufacture their goods outside our borders. Labor costs, taxes, EPA restrictions, etc, etc. Corporations must make a profit in order to keep the doors open and invite investors to keep them operating and growing.

2. If I have a choice to buy American for a certain product, I am willing to pay up to 20% higher for the American product.

3. See #1.

This is a very serious subject that not enough people are truly passionate about.

One of my best buddies is just completing a remodel job on the big upstairs area of his garage behind his house. I did all the plumbing work and helped him a couple days ago, pack in the appliance package.

When shopping for his fridg, stove, dishwasher, ect., he asked the salesman for two prices, the cheapest that will work for him, and the cheapest "made in America" brands. He bought the all Made in America Package, cost, $150. more...

A car or pickup purchase is 10X or more important than what my buddy did but some of us are trying to help our countries economy and trade imbalance. Even little things are important. Probably nobody can get by with only Made in USA products but that don't mean we can't try and it won't get better on it's own!!! Please buy "Made in America" if you possibly can!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Let's today, help put one more American worker back to work making American products! Tomorrow another!!

Bump!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom