Really ???

fireball77

Long Time Member
How many is it going to take,almost getting killed or getting seriously injured before people wake up, and drive responsibly.

Another UHP officer/friend was hit this morning, he is in serious condition, and with any luck will get to keep his left hand, which was severed off.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as well I am sure they could use them at this time.

One other thing i don't miss about Utah......the drivers.

Your friend is lucky to be alive. Hope he heals up ok. People will never become good drivers half of them are texting or talking and the other half don't have a glue what the h3ll their doing...I spend ALOT of time on the road and if you ever see me sitting along the shoulder of a highway it's because my ride is BROKE !!!

I just saw the Sgt's cruiser and the flatbed truck down at the impound lot and felt sadness for all the parties involved. Hope the Sgt can make a full recovery and get back out on the road.

I hope he and his family recover from this, prayers will be sent! This won't be a popular comment but it's how I feel.
We wouldn't have so many officers hit if they'd pull off the road a bit more, turn off their flashing lights behind them, and maybe not stand on the side of the highway?
You'll never fix stupid and Utah is full of stupid drivers so you'd think the officers would take more precautions when pulled off the side of the road. I've seen them more times than not parked right on the line.

Traditional >>>------->

>I hope he and his family
>recover from this, prayers will
>be sent! This won't be
>a popular comment but it's
>how I feel.
>We wouldn't have so many officers
>hit if they'd pull off
>the road a bit more,
>turn off their flashing lights
>behind them, and maybe not
>stand on the side of
>the highway? K
>You'll never fix stupid and Utah
>is full of stupid drivers
>so you'd think the officers
>would take more precautions when
>pulled off the side of
>the road. I've seen them
>more times than not parked
>right on the line.
>
>
>Traditional >>>------->

That does not even apply here. He was on a blocking crash in the canyon which pretty much stipulated he park behind the blocking crash with his lights on to clear the crash. What does apply here is some diptard drove through the closure, through barricades and passed other patrol cars, crashed into a trooper, severed off his hand and crushed his arm, and traveled another half mile.before stopping. There is not much more this Sgt. Who.supports a wife and kids could have done to.prevent this.short of parking an M1 Abraham tank behind him. Sgt Dunn is a very good friend of mine. I worked under him for.two years when I was in the happy city. He has been a road dog for 15 years, is an EVO instructor, served on swat for many years, is very knowledgeable and one of the most tactically sound officers I know. Your comment has absolutely zero foundation with this particular case. He is still in surgery as of this time and will be lucky if.he is ever able.to.have any kind.of.recovery.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Horsecreek said,

We wouldn't have so many officers hit if they'd pull off the road a bit more, turn off their flashing lights behind them, and maybe not stand on the side of the highway?

Thanks for the advice azzhole!!!! Your right your comment is not popular at all with me one fukinbit!!

I know Sgt Dunn and your monday morning quartback comments make me believe you are living in a fukin cave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never said anything about THIS Officer other than wishing him a speedy recovery!
Simply stated what other officers could do to help avoid this in the future!

Traditional >>>------->

Sad news indeed. Mostly preventable, until idiot drivers are added to the mix.

It ain't just Utah.....the entire country is loaded with drivers who ain't paying attention and do not take the responsibility of driving seriously.

I worked many years for the highway department in California and ANY day, doing maint. on the side of the highway was an "adventure".

It is certainly way worse now, and no amount of signs, cones and flashing lights seem to help.

The penalties for these type of accidents should be SERIOUS!

The texting while driving thing is out of control and seems to be some sort of challenge to people who think they can multitask while driving.....I don't get it.

Cops are especially at risk.......almost always alone with little protection.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

>I hope he and his family
>recover from this, prayers will
>be sent! This won't be
>a popular comment but it's
>how I feel.
>We wouldn't have so many officers
>hit if they'd pull off
>the road a bit more,
>turn off their flashing lights
>behind them, and maybe not
>stand on the side of
>the highway? K
>You'll never fix stupid and Utah
>is full of stupid drivers
>so you'd think the officers
>would take more precautions when
>pulled off the side of
>the road. I've seen them
>more times than not parked
>right on the line.
>
>

This editorial from the guy who deliberately put his wife and child in danger by doing a home birth. (rolls eyes)

>>I hope he and his family
>>recover from this, prayers will
>>be sent! This won't be
>>a popular comment but it's
>>how I feel.
>>We wouldn't have so many officers
>>hit if they'd pull off
>>the road a bit more,
>>turn off their flashing lights
>>behind them, and maybe not
>>stand on the side of
>>the highway? K
>>You'll never fix stupid and Utah
>>is full of stupid drivers
>>so you'd think the officers
>>would take more precautions when
>>pulled off the side of
>>the road. I've seen them
>>more times than not parked
>>right on the line.
>>
>>
>
>
>This editorial from the guy who
>deliberately put his wife and
>child in danger by doing
>a home birth. (rolls
>eyes)

NV, you put you loved ones lives at risk everytime you put them in a car, airplane, feed them, give them meds...what's your point #####?

Traditional >>>------->

I dont understand how this stuff happens so often. Isn't there a law that states that you are required, if possible, to move out of the right hand lane when approaching an officer? It is super aggravating to see people make no effort to move left as they approach an officer on the side of the road. Give 'em respect by giving them space.

Hope this guy gets better.

1911, when this happens, what kind of charges do the drivers of these accidents face?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-12 AT 03:05AM (MST)[p]HorseCreek... I'm sorry I have been biting my tongue on this for to long, but as a person who has had those phone calls, in which you are told to get to the hospital because your loved one has been hit, and you dont know what the situation is until you get there, I think your comments are as heartless as they are brainless.

" We wouldn't have so many officers hit if they'd pull off the road a bit more, turn off their flashing lights behind them, and maybe not stand on the side of the highway" ( your words)

I would just like to say that both the times my husband has been injured he was on an accident, and hit by the tow truck, which was hit by someone driving to fast for the conditions, and the second was when some idiot fell asleep and was doing 96+ upon impact, So I ask what part of your suggestions would have prevented this from happening, cause I would love the last year of my life back, as it has been spent taking my husband to appts, physical therapy, etc etc all because people don't pay attention when driving.

OH and BTW just so you don't come back and say, something like, maybe he should find another job if its so bad or something .... I will tell you, he does not hesitate to put his uniform on, and he goes out every shift not knowing if he will return, and all this after being hit, not once, but twice in less than 11 months, and also after watching 2 of his other friends get hit just doing their job, and that is just this year.

SO maybe next time before you comment, think about the poor wife of Sgt Dunn who stood waiting 18+ hours for her husbands hand to be sewn back on, or the many others just this year that have been through hell and back, all because distracted, drowsy, drunk, or dip$#!t, driving put them and their families there.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-12
>AT 03:05?AM (MST)

>
>HorseCreek... I'm sorry I have been
>biting my tongue on this
>for to long, but as
> a person who has
>had those phone calls, in
>which you are told to
>get to the hospital because
>your loved one has been
>hit, and you dont know
>what the situation is until
>you get there, I think
>your comments are as heartless
>as they are brainless.
>
>" We wouldn't have so many
>officers hit if they'd pull
>off the road a bit
>more, turn off their flashing
>lights behind them, and maybe
>not stand on the side
>of the highway" ( your
>words)
>
>I would just like to say
>that both the times my
>husband has been injured he
>was on an accident, and
>hit by the tow truck,
>which was hit by someone
>driving to fast for the
>conditions, and the second was
>when some idiot fell asleep
>and was doing 96+ upon
>impact, So I ask what
>part of your suggestions would
>have prevented this from happening,
>cause I would love the
>last year of my life
>back, as it has been
>spent taking my husband to
>appts, physical therapy, etc etc
>all because people don't pay
>attention when driving.
>
>OH and BTW just so
>you don't come back and
>say, something like, maybe
>he should find another job
>if its so bad or
>something .... I will tell
>you, he does not hesitate
>to put his uniform on,
>and he goes out every
>shift not knowing if he
>will return, and all this
>after being hit, not once,
>but twice in less than
>11 months, and also after
>watching 2 of his
> other friends get
>hit just doing their job,
>and that is just this
>year.
>
>SO maybe next time before you
>comment, think about the poor
>wife of Sgt Dunn who
>stood waiting 18+ hours for
>her husbands hand to be
>sewn back on, or the
>many others just this year
>that have been through hell
>and back, all because distracted,
>drowsy, drunk, or dip$#!t, driving
>put them and their families
>there.
I never blamed the officer, I never blamed your husband for either or any of THEIR accidents. I said this might not happen as often if...
I get its difficult for you to think/talk about these things, there's emotion behind it that I'll probably never understand like you do.
I guess I'll state it like this. Why do officers angle their car out towards traffic when at an accident or on a traffic stop? Is it standard for them to leave their lights blaring behind them? (don't they have less bright lights to leave on?)
I always move over for emergency vehicles. More than not I see others don't. I'm sure officers see it way more than I do. So why do they continue to park right off the white line? With all the distracted drivers out their I'd keep all four in the dirt.
I stand behind what I originally said. I knew it wouldn't be popular but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or your husbands. I've kept the officer in my prayers every night since you posted. I'm not as heartless as you seem to think I am.

Traditional >>>------->

HorseCreek, I am not sure why they angle their cars, I do know this, I heard from Sgt Dunn tonight, and he is in good spirits and they saved his hand, and he said he had feeling in all his fingers, that is what this post was about was Prayers and thoughts for him, I am sorry I stooped to the argument level, instead of what I intended it to be for. I appreciate you for praying for our friend,and I am sorry I let my emotions from a crappy year get the best of me. They don't call me fireball for nothing ;-)

Well Lil Red!

You Sleep about as Well as I do but for a different reason!

Hope & Pray everybody returns Home Safely no matter what be the Occaision!

Lots of JOKERS to deal with in this Crazy World we live in!

>HorseCreek, I am not sure why
>they angle their cars, I
>do know this, I heard
>from Sgt Dunn tonight, and
>he is in good spirits
>and they saved his hand,
>and he said he had
>feeling in all his fingers,
>that is what this post
>was about was Prayers and
>thoughts for him, I am
>sorry I stooped to the
>argument level, instead of what
>I intended it to be
>for. I appreciate you for
>praying for our friend,and I
>am sorry I let my
>emotions from a crappy year
>get the best of me.
>They don't call me fireball
>for nothing ;-)

No need for apology. Glad to hear he's doing well. He'll continue to be my prayers. :)

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom