Really Tuckered Out??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
The work season has really come in with a bang, i'm having to turn work down now when a month ago there was little. I admit, i'm not in good shape, my back hurts some, and i just have a hard time putting in a HARD days physical work anymore...but that is what i've been doing, plus some.

Question; When i got home just now after 11 hrs of busten butt, i sat in my truck for 15 minutes or so cause i was just too tired and wore out to move. Ever feel that way or do that??

Joey

YES I DO BUT THAT'S USUALLY AFTER I GET BACK TO THE TRUCK AFTER HUNTING ALL DAY.
We are getting old sage,admit it!}>}>}>
And always remember:
They say it runs down hill & paydays are on Fridays!
I think somebody lied?
Paydays ain't always on Fridays & I've seen a few try & run it up hill,lol!

Yes, i admit it bess, i'm getting old!! Age don't have as much to do with it as staying in shape i think. I know lots of guys older than me can still get er done. I'm pretty busted up and the extra i'm packing don't help.

I used to like being one of the bigger dudes around, used to. The older i got, the bigger i get and today's work was all under the floor tying in waste and water lines in a rock infested crawl area that i had to tunnel into and couldn't even roll over it was so tight. 2 cabins down, 3 more to do and on to the next job. I ain't complaining, glad to have the work, just wondering if others have felt too tired to get out the truck! :)

Joey

I've had days where my knee gives out getting out of the truck and dont have the energy to get up! No knee injuries, but if theres something to do I go full bore till its done. I need to learn how to slow down a bit...

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Joey I can relate to how you feel. 16 years of manufacturing kicked my "A". Some of those shops were hot as he ll. I am now semi retired working for the Government, lol

There has been a few times I walked in the door and took a nap in the entry way, I hate dealing with hot days and lazy @$$ co-workers

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

J_86, said, "I need to learn how to slow down a bit..."

Lol, Yeah, been there! Not any more though. Good for you! Serious, it's nice to be able to get after it and know for certain that nobody can out work you!! A lot of times now, i get paid for what i know as much as what i do. Still though, some days are rough!!

Rugarm, i don't believe i could do what you do. I'd be willing to trade pension plans though?? :)

Kawboy, LOL, Thanks for stopping in!! I was a working Foreman for a good sized Plumbing Co for a lot of years. I never could abide of a man that was lazy and wanted a career instead of a job!! Fired many a guy, most said they was world beaters and could do it all... some got half days wages and sent home at noon! Ain't no room for slackers in a small time construction business!

Joey

I know how you feel Joey. I raked and burned pine needles last weekend at the cabin. After I was done I sat down and really had a hard time getting out of my chair. It's heck to get old.

I cleaned every gun I own over the last two days. I got all dirty on my fingers......lol

I feel for the pain. It gets worse if you don't stay in shape, and ROUND ain't a shape.

In my younger days when I worked on a logging crew I felt that way most every day. Running up and down the hills dragging chokers and trying to stay alive.

I worked for one outfit that had fired 12 guys in a row when I got my chance. They kept me on. (lucky me, or maybe they just ran out of idiots and had to keep me :)) I had a lot of pride back then. Doing the job was more important than getting paid. When I did quit, the boss told me that he'd had other guys as good as me, but none better.

I have a physically easy job now. I have a heater and a radio and it's all flat ground.

Eel

Larrbo, Raking needles while them fish is biting? That's a good job for the wife, we need to get out there again!! lol

Nickman, Cleaning your own guns is a labor of love!! Speaking of that, reminds me that i have some gun safe residents that could use a few strokes. :)

Eel, I'll bet you was hell on wheels back in the day eel! Seems you still stay pretty busy and good on yeah!! I know a couple guys that did/do what you do at the Collins Pine Mill here in Chester. I plumbed their bathroom in when they moved the file shop upstairs in the new mill. They got it pretty nice up there!

Joey

After a full night runnin tow trucks It's awful dang hard to keep myself going at work the next day. Ahhh the pleasures of being a small buisness owner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom