RE; SF0085 WYO RES PREFERENCE POINTS

S

strang

Low price pref points and low price lics make for an extremely easily manipulated system. A person can put his whole family/friends in for pref points each year . Then party app. himself with one family memeber/ friend each year and draw a tag every year. In some cases this method is being used with non hunters on non resident tags. They just use the non hunter to buy points then when they have enough just party app with them. With low price points and resident tag prices many will use this method to insure success every year. With resident prices an investment of $200.00 a year buying points for others can guarantee you a tag every year. Please dont leave the door open to this sort of manipulation. It impossible to administrate this trick out of the process with low price points and tags.

Quote: "It impossible to administrate this trick out of the process"

I find no value at all in most points systems, and strongly advocate against them. But as far as this loophole you mention, it's easy to remedy. The solution is used by many other state G&F depts who allow party apps. The point status for the group app is equal to the points held by the lowest point holder. Problem solved!

Agreed! But that is not in the proposal the proposal merely changes verbage from "non resident" to "all applicants"

Some outfitters and tag brokers are already using this trick for non residents with lots of cash and no statute to remedy has surfaced yet and we are seven years in.

I agree 100% with you on this one strang! The only way to eliminate the party app. deal is as was stated and to use the lowest person's PPs, which would probably be the applicant in the scenario you described. I actually took advantage of the NR PP system by having 1PP and partying with an Idaho member who had 4PPs. Our 2.5PP average got us two of the last 4 remaining tags in the draw last year and it would have taken me at least 2 more years to draw the tag just using the PPs I would have had myself.

How about requiring a copy of your hunter safety card to be file as required by Nevada?

This bill is being heard tomorrow morning at 7:30 am in room H-10.

House Travel, Recreation, wildlife and Cultural Resources committee.

This one will be heavily contested as I know a number of folks making the trek to Cheyenne tomorrow morning.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom