• Thread starter LUCKYBUCKY1234 (Guest)
  • Start date
L

LUCKYBUCKY1234 (Guest)

RE: SCOPE ON 300 WSM

jUST CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT SIZE SCOPE TO BE PUTTING ON A 300 WSM,
USING IT IN WYOMING MULEY/ELK HUNTING.

leupold vx3, nikon monarch, bushnell elite. really depends on how much money you want to spend

My 300WSM wears a Leupy vari-x III 3.5-10x40. Enough magnification for the long shots and low powered enough for the close ones. If I remember correctly, the actual low power magnifications for the 3.5-10 and the vari-x II 3-9 are both 3.3x for the Leupolds.
Now that the lines have changed, I don't know if the actual magnifications have also.

Doug/RedRabbit

Zeiss 3-9x40mm Conquest at Cabela's are now $429.00 Still a very good scope for the money. Got mine when they were $399.00 two months ago.

Brian

I have a 7mm WSM and I topped it with a Nikon Buckmaster
3-9x40. I think this is as much scope as you'd need, it works fine for my rifle. It also has the clarity of scopes costing much more, for about $200 it's a hard deal to beat. Why overspend?

Check highlandgear.com for the zeiss conquest 3X9X40mm. I got mine for 359.00. I bought it after comparing it to the VXIII, and Burris Signature. At dusk, the Zeiss was clearly brighter, followed by the Burris. If you're going to be shooting long ranges, you might look at the 4-14 power also, but I think they start around 600-650 dollars. You can sometimes find a good deal on ebay, too.

WH

I hunted Wyoming last year with my new 300wsm in model 70 Winchester shooting 168 grain hollowpoint. I used a 3-9 Leupold. I got two mule deer (doe and buck) at 150 and 250 and one doe antelope at 675 yards. The rifle is awesome.
It shoots as flat as my 22-250 with a 45 grain bullet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom