Re: odds of winning

joesikora

Long Time Member
Re: odds of winning

Did Huntinfool ever decide to post the odds of winning one of their hunts? I remember quite a heated discussion on the lack of transparency.
I sent them an email, I'll let you all know what response I got.

Thanks for your time
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Not again! It is a private business lottery. They do it to make money and keep doing it so it is profitable. If they feel it is in their best financial interest not to disclose odds, that's their right. They do have to report profits and expenses to the IRS but not to anyone else.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-15 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the info Elmer
The last that I heard from them on this subject was they asked their members if they wanted them to post the odds and they voted not to disclose the info.

Thanks again for your time
Joe

-Joe E Sikora

A former employee of theirs indicated to me that the draw odds are astronomical and he would never put in. They obviously do it to make money so if you feel flush I guess you can take a shot.

I am a member and I told them I would never apply for the hunts unless they posted the odds. I don't think they will, and that's their right (which I am ok with), but I still wont apply for those hunts.

>Thanks for the info Elmer
>The last that I heard from
>them on this subject was
>they asked their members if
>they wanted them to post
>the odds and they voted
>not to disclose the info.

This is laughable. Why on earth would one single member NOT want to know the odds, whether they applied or not? Doesn't affect me as I am a member but would never apply for anything without published odds.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I know one thing. My Son won a Moose/Grizzly hunt in one of there raffles and never bought a ticket. He referred a new member and received two free tickets. Regardless of the odds they do have legitimate winners!

Wapiti so how was your sons hunt?

Thanks for your time
Joe

-Joe E Sikora

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom