Re: Duck Commander

joesikora

Long Time Member
Re: Duck Commander

Hi all wanted to post this. Thanksgiving 2006 we lost our home to a fire bad thing was we lost our chocolate lab Chelsea girl. Some how Real tree got an email and sent it to their buyers. Duck Commander sent me and my wife every product they sell. Korie called the next day to ask what sizes my wife and I wore, the next day we received every clothing item they made. I also received a Darton bow, River's West appeal, and a countless list of other items from any and everybody in the business of Real tree.

Thanks again to all Joe.

Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Thats terrible that you lost your home,sorry to hear that. For Real Tree and Duck Commander to step up like that shows they are down to earth people like most of us. Companies that have people like that is where I do my business. I just wish Real Tree still had their original camo they sold at Walmart for real cheap. That stuff was excellent sage camo.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-27-13 AT 08:19AM (MST)[p]Duck Dynasty is absolutely my favorite show on TV and it's because of the promotion of family values.That is awesome that they did all that for you.I once had my house burn down as well;and let me tell you-it is not a fun ordeal to go through.Kudos to the Duck Commander and RealTree families for their generosity!!

+1 nontypical! I also like some of their commercials like the ones where they're all in the convertible at the drive-through!

So sorry to hear about your home..It's a beautiful thing when people help each other like that!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

So sorry to hear about your home..It's a beautiful thing when people help each other like that!!!

I knew it Kingfish is a liberal at heart. LOL

Was there a tax passed that I don't know about that took money from these companies and funnelled it through the government and then presented these things to Joe?

Thanks for sharing the story about PEOPLE helping PEOPLE with government involvement.

How can you not like their public personas? They are a family group that works/lives with one another. Phil loves his wife. His rants against yuppies are priceless. He prays over dinner. He loves the outdoors. He is the kind of guy I like, straightforward, not impressed with bling, focused on what makes him Phil. Whether or not its scripped and planned, who cares its freaking funny, and the fact that they push the family, community aspect is good for my kids to watch. Not to mention that as a pudgy, hairy, guy who wears too much camo, they have made me a little more mainstream!
Glad to hear that they do believe in what they preach.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I like the show, they may be good enough ppl, but greedy just the same as all ppl when they get too much money. Threatening to go on strike because they want more money.!!! PLEASE. one episode exceeds most people on here's yearly salaries. Just some more typical rich ppl sounds like too me.

I love the show and I like how they at least promote some family values while being entertaining. Compared to alot of other crap on tv. They seem like good people and glad they where able to help out some.

>I like the show, they may
>be good enough ppl, but
>greedy just the same as
>all ppl when they get
>too much money. Threatening to
>go on strike because they
>want more money.!!! PLEASE. one
>episode exceeds most people on
>here's yearly salaries. Just some
>more typical rich ppl sounds
>like too me.

***Where/when was this strike threat and how do you know how much they make off the show? You do realize there are a bunch in that family that the money has to be spread amongst don't you?

"Where/when was this strike threat and how do you know how much they make off the show? You do realize there are a bunch in that family that the money has to be spread amongst don't you?"

REALLY?? huh no I thought it was just one person all this time impersonating all the different personalitles, like Eddie Murphy does. Thanks for updating me.

>"Where/when was this strike threat and
>how do you know how
>much they make off the
>show? You do realize there
>are a bunch in that
>family that the money has
>to be spread amongst don't
>you?"
>
>
>REALLY?? huh no I thought it
>was just one person all
>this time impersonating all the
>different personalitles, like Eddie Murphy
>does. Thanks for updating me.
>

***Then if you do why did you make that statement that is obviously way off base! You also didn't answer my question as to where you heard about them threatening a strike for more money! PS: Stick to your day job as comedy ain't gonna pay your bills!

it was a headline on the internet , do some research before you spout off. They were going to strike until an agreement on more money was made. They wanted $200,000 AN EPISODE. evidentally they got it because the show has continued. Happy. oh and, I thought my comedy was pretty good

Just another guy that's jealous because someone else is rich and he isn't.That's what America is all about.I'm jealous,too!!But I don't begrudge them for making money.

I did my research, and the only source I could find on their "strike" claimed that the money they were seeking was a bargain given viewership and ratings, as well as what other reality tv stars have been payed recently. To me, there is a significant difference between blatant greed, and seeking fair market compensation for something that is making A&E much more wealthy.

Aside from that, My wife and I look forward to watching it every week. The show cracks me up every time, and it makes my "yuppie" wife just a little bit more interested in joining me for my own hunting and fishing adventures. It really is refreshing to see strong family values front and center.

Bonehunter. What do you do for work?

This show is great. Non stop laughing when we watch it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-13 AT 11:18AM (MST)[p]Sounds like they were trying to get paid what they should have been getting

FYI. Raymond on everybody loves Raymond gets 1.8 million an episode
Dude on the mentalist gets 425,000 an episode
The dr on. House. Gets 700,000 an episode

And you call them greedy for wanting 200k a show

Come on
To the original poster. Sorry for your loss and that's awesome people stepped up like that to help.

Thanks AZ. It was very cool!

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Them Boys Done Ate One Too Many Quackers!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom