Re: CowTags

joesikora

Long Time Member
Re: CowTags

Thinking of drawing for a cow tag in Utah can anyone help with a good area, a lot of cows with easy access?

Thanks in advance Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you think their right"

-Joe E Sikora

Try Deseret cwmu if you want easy access to a cow. Whats it now 6 points till your guaranteed a tag?

Drawing an easy cow tag doesn't mean you will even see a cow. So you have to be careful in the areas you apply to draw. The division has been over selling them by the thousands knowing the elk will be long gone when the season opens. Its a cash cow ghost tag if you know what I mean for the dwr.

The cow elk hunt is becoming a coveted tag in Utah any more since you cant hunt deer every 3 plus years with a rifle. So im not sure anyone will just throw you a bone on this one. Most areas will take over 2-3 points to draw if your lucky.

how many points do you have?

Says in the proclamation that preference points only apply to antlerless moose.. No moose hunts this year though.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

You mean Bonus points only applies to cow moose preference points still apply to cow elk.

Bonus points
Utah Admin Rule R657-62-8
In the antlerless drawing, bonus points apply to antlerless moose only.

Although there aren't any antlerless moose permits available in 2012, you may still apply for an
antlerless moose bonus point.

Preference points

Utah Admin. Rule R657-62-9
Preference points are used to ensure that applicants who are unsuccessful, or who apply for a preference
point in the drawing for antlerless deer, antlerless elk and doe pronghorn, will have first preference in the
next year?s drawing for the respective permits.

jstr

I just so happened to be going through the proc planning this years cow hunt when your mm reply came on my screen. I dint go research it to try and prove you wrong.

The cow moose bonus point thing sucks. I have almost as many cow moose points as I have bull moose points. So it looks like ill never be able to hunt either of them in my life time.

have a good one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom