Rattlesnake Hills

I spend wayyyy too much time on google earth, it's a pretty valuable tool. ONX is pretty good as well.
Same! Think of all the places you’ve google earthed and ONx though, nothing holds a candle to the real deal. I’m not banking my scouting off a few internet pics….just curious is all

Same! Think of all the places you’ve google earthed and ONx though, nothing holds a candle to the real deal. I’m not banking my scouting off a few internet pics….just curious is all
Opinions vary, but I look at aerial photography just about every day at work, so I can visualize what's on the ground pretty easily.

Experience matters.

Opinions vary, but I look at aerial photography just about every day at work, so I can visualize what's on the ground pretty easily.

Experience matters.

Google Earth has came a long way!

I used to pack printed google earth pages and take them with me for reference. Before Onx or any of the other phone tools. Laying maps on top of Google imagery the best I could. OnX almost takes the fun out of it haha

Have a great season

Experience matter

I never look at picts of an area and rely solely on Google Earth imagery. IMO it's a way better tool for scouting than any pict taken from on the ground.

Another website I love to use is Hillmap. It has split views and you can select whatever map/imagery on the left and something completely different on the right.

This is no scouting mission, just curious. Google Earth and Onx are no secret.

Onx 3d satellite mode is about as close to a picture as you're gonna get. And once you e scout a few spots and see them in person you can be pretty damn sure what you're getting into on onx from there on out

Modern-day maps, computers, cameras, and other sources are amazing sources to use for scouting. There are a lot of tricks that can be used to find bigger bucks and bulls!

If you do google and other searches you can find photos and videos of the "Snakes".

Modern-day maps, computers, cameras, and other sources are amazing sources to use for scouting. There are a lot of tricks that can be used to find bigger bucks and bulls!

If you do google and other searches you can find photos and videos of the "Snakes".
I did get on the google searches the other day and found some photos, looked just like Google earth and onX 😉
I appreciate the response

Here you go

269422_2229785624679_156468_n.jpg

264532_2229785344672_5652633_n.jpg

The two I posted were from when I had a 23 elk tag. If you can find the spot where I took the pic you will find a pile of bulls within 1/2 mile in most directions ;)

FYI the pics were from a road.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom