Rangefinders!!!

6tyne

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a good long range rangefinder with a good bow mode. Any suggestions?

I think the leica is the best. I don't have one though, I have the swarovski,which is great, but doesn't do angle compensation. I have used a few leica's and they are the only other range finder out there that will consistently range out past 1000 yards. My experience is most range finders are good for about half of the advertised range (leica and swarovski being about the only exception). They are also much smaller than my swarovskis and work well in one hand.

I have the Nikon Rifleman 550 and really like it, probably not in line with the Leica and Swaro's but for the money I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I just replaced my Leica CRF 900, that some dirtball thief decided he needed more than me. I was very happy with the Leica, but wanted to try one with angle compensation. I didn't want the RF telling me how many inches of bullet drop. I just wanted the corrected yardage. I recieved my Nikon Riflehunter 1000 yesterday. I havn't got to play with it much yet, but was ranging buildings out to 929 yards today, under good conditons. This afternoon ranging into the glare of the sun in the foothills, I was having trouble ranging over 700. I think it will work just fine for me. Time will tell.

Don P

In excellent lighting the Nikon Riflehunter550 is badass...in low light conditions it sucks ass cuz you can't see thru the glass!!

~Z~

The bad thing with leica is that if you do not buy from an authorized dealer you are SCREWED if they ever need repair, even if it is a defect!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom