Rangefinder ????

U

UTHNTR

I am looking to buy a rangefinder.
I have no idea where to begin.
I would like to get one that will work out to 600-700 yards on deer and elk.

but whats the difference between reflective and non reflective?

Thanks for the help

wow thats really exspensive... i am a man on a budjet. any others that are under 500 bucks??

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-08 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]I hear you on the expensive part, but I would save up and get it. Worth the money. I am in the same boat as you. I am saving for one right now. When you think you need a 30 pack of brew, just buy a cheap bottle of whiskey:) Get a coffee can and tape the lid put a slot in it and wait till the day before your hunt and go buy it! My thought is a descent gun can kill anything but you need good optics and a rangefinder to give yourself the best chance possible. Just my .02

On the other hand the Leupold RX 3 is nice for around 300.00 to 400.00

I too have the Leica CRF. I recommend it for sure! But I did have a Nikon Monarch 1200 that I though worked very well at those ranges. There is an ease of reading the Leica that the Nikon doesn't have and the Leica is unbelievably compact comparably. Good luck.

absolutely wait for the Leica. I bought a leupold rx111 and returned it and got the Leica. I have ranged large boulders at 1441 yards it is absolutely amazing and simple to use.

the non-reflective distance is the distance you need to be concerned with. Reflective distance means how far it will read say a car window or a stop sign. it is anything that is highly reflective in the sunlight. Non-reflective would be anything else like a deer or trees. Many brands will only discuss the reflective distance, which will not help you at all if you are using it for hunting. Leupold RX - III only goes to 300 yards non-reflective i believe. I sell more of the Nikon Prostaff and Riflehunter 550 than any other rangefinder. they are 550 yards non-reflective. the next step up, I would get the Nikon Monarch 800 which is 800 non-reflective. they are very reasonably priced. another feature that you should consider is whether you want a rangefinder that will automatically adjust distance due to the angle that you are ranging.

the Leica's do not have the angle technology. the two we sell at sportsmans are CRF1200 and CRF900, and those are the non-reflective distances. the glass is extremely clear and bright, typical of any Leica product

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom