Rangefinder

N

nruehmeier

Looking for insite on a rangefinder, currently have a Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 and when hunting in CO & WY can't range over 100 yards, looking to purchase new one $300 - $500 range, any suggestions

Thanks,
nrueh

I believe many people will mention the Leica, and I have not heard a bad thing about them, but I have the Nikon 1200 and I like it alot. It is cheaper than the Leica, and the main reason I didn't buy the Leica is that it uses a box for the center of the cross-hair, which I found to be too large when trying to range an animal at long distance. I find I can get pinpoint accuracy easier with mine. One thing for the newest Leica 1200 is that it is much smaller, though mine fits in a shirt pocket quite well. If you'll be hunting big country like here in Idaho, but as much practicle distance as you can afford. I can always get 700+ yards, and on overcast days 1000+, and the importance of that is wether a stalk is practicle or not as I won't try and shoot that far. Even 800 yard units are typically only practicle out to 500 yards. Based on what I've read in posts, I'd stay away from the new Angle Compensating models from Leopold and Bushnell as they don't sound reliable yet. So, long story short, look at the Nikon and the Leica and buy the one you like best at the price you can afford.

NRUH:

I have a Leica 1200 CRF rangefinder I've used just this fall that I'm selling for $450 if you're interested.

That is a top of the line rangefinder. The list on htis unit is $649.

I'm selling it as I am buying a pair of Leica 15 X 56 Geovids with the built in rangefinder..

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I HAVE OWNED ALOT OF RANGEFINDERS AND NOTHING COMPARES TO THE LEICA COMPACT 900 OR 1200.I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE 900 FOR $500.WELL WORTH IT.

thanks for the response, Don I'm thinking about it. Take a look at my other post and any replies would be appreciated.
ONLY 10 MORE MONTHS TO MULLEY SEASON!!!
nrueh

I just purchased the LEICA 12OO CRF. It is absolutely amazing, I couldn't be happier.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Nikon has a new Riflehunter 550 that is coming soon. It has angle compensation is waterproof and will range animals out to 550. Retail will be $280

Another vote for the Leica, for the size and money it can't be beat.

I've used several brands over the years and have been happiest with the CRF1200.

I also have the yardage pro 800
and love it, Make sure that the
setting on yours is not set for
under 100 yards, As you may know
there are different settings.

I've made 3 different hunting trip and still can't seem to get the 800, I've reread the manual, tried every mode, and tried troubleshooting, my conclusion is that I have a POS. My unfortunate luck. Thanks nrueh

I got a sour one too. Sent it back to Bass Pro and got a new one, absolutely love it. Bought one for my buddy who spent a lot of time helping me build my house, no problems with his. For $299, and ARC, its a bargain.

The Leica CRF is a good unit...I have the 900. I've only found a couple of minor faults. The image color is fairly green in contrast which bugs me for the price they charge. Also, my unit will not accurately range onto a water surface like a pond. Some of the competing brands do this no problem.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom