Rangefinder......HELP!

mtmuley

Long Time Member
I need to replace my Nikon Yardage Pro 800 Compact. I loved that rangefinder. I don't like the models that have the vertical lens set-up, I prefer the horizontal kind. Apparently the Leupold RX-3 is junk, that is what I was looking at. Is the Yardage Pro still available? I think Bushnell made a 1000 yard model similar to the 800. What about Cabela's rangefinders? mtmuley

I have been using a Leica LRF 1200 for years... I love it and it has never given me a problem. I have been told the new versions are even better... Buy the best you can afford, you won't be sorry! NJS

I really like my bushnell 1500arc. Though I have heard that some of the units don't range past 600 yds mine does its rating of 1500 yards and picks up anything under 800yds super quick. I have also read that the beam divergance on the 1500arc is much bigger than Leica so you are more likely to pick up surrounding objects. If you are on a budget I recommend the bushnell, if you get a good one, but Leica will be a better unit for alot more $$$. Hope this helps.

leica crf, I have the 900 and love it. I had a bushnell and was having trouble ranging deer and antelope out in the yellow grass in Montana. Since getting the leica, I have been able to get ranges out past 900 yards routinely. It cost a chunk of change, but it was worth it.

leupold just sent this e mail to me...link!
http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-..._Newsletter_RX-1000_6_7_2009&utm_medium=email

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-09 AT 08:50AM (MST)[p] Read Cabelas customers ratings on range finders. You will find it's the one thing that Leupold makes that that kinda sucks.
Buff

hay buff .....wheres the review on the new rx1000?
ya the olders rx had issues. the all did at first! that why the short warrentties!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

I'm just saying that I would be a little hesitant to be the first to buy one. I'm a die hard Leupold scope man, but I think I'll let you buy that range finder first.
Regards Buff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom