Range Creek Bighorn

T

ttj

Has anyone hunted the Nine Mile/Range Creek Unit in Central Utah for Rockies? My hunt opens one week from Thursday (November 1st). This weekend will be my third scouting trip. The first two trips were more along the lines of learning the country. I feel like I have done my homework but any help or info. would be appreciated as I am going DIY.

pm or call me 435-820-0963, I live in Price, If you need some help give me a call.
Kurt

PM me, I hunted down there last year with my dad,
we had a blast. He lives in Price as well. have you been down there scouting?

NVMDF

Travis,

Congrats on your great ram. How about stories and pictures. Steve G. forwarded your e-mail on to me.

I was able to take a great ram on Saturday, the third day of the season. In 2 1/2 days of scouting leading up to the season and 3 days of hunting, we found 112 sheep and 42 rams with 9 of those rams being in the 160+ range. I wasn't planning on punching my tag that early, but I just couldn't pass this ram. He is 35 1/4 by 33 1/2 with 15 1/4 bases. He carries his mass really well as his first and second quarters are 14 1/2 and 14 respectively. My taxi scored him at 174 3/4 and I scored him at just over 176. With the way he carries his mass, I though his bases might push the 16" mark which would have made him a 180" ram. Regardless, he is a great ram and it was a great hunt spend with my family helping out with the glassing. We covered a lot of country and it is an amazing unit.

If I decide not to do an article, I will certainly post pictures in the next few days. If you would like to see pictures, send me a pm.

Thanks everyone for the help and information.

TJ

Congrats on an awesome ram - I know what ya mean about not passing a good one up. It is gut wrenching to say the least. I was nervous as hell until I walked up and got my hands on those horns. It is an awesome hunt in awesome country and I am still eating/sleeping/dreaming about sheep. I have 9 desert points so hopefully it will not be to long. I may have talked to you before your hunt on the river. I'll pm ya my e-mail - can't wait to see it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom