Rain and ATV'S

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Had a large boulder give way today. The rain had eroded the ground so- it gave way and launched Judy and myself from the Kawasaki. Luckily it didn't roll in us. She is ok and the Kawi is ok but I have 2 cracked ribs and an Acronium Clavicular stage 3 separation. It is the AC Separation. Very thankful we are not in the hospital now. The Salmon Idaho hospital medical staff were very nice.

Wow glad you are both ok. I had a similar incident about 6 yrs ago only our problem was in about 18 inches of snow. We were on an old 4x4 road with lots of low branches where no one would ever see us. We were going up to the top of a ridge. Our Kawi. Lost traction and slid sideways into a big rut that was covered with snow so we couldn't see it. We hit so hard I hit the throttle with my thumb so we got a burst of full throttle just for a second. We went over backwards with the Kawi. On top of us. I flung myself outward as we hit so I could pull my legs out. My son was trapped under the rig and I had to dig him out. The only thing that saved us was the snow was power and soft or maybe we would have both died there that day because we were way back and no one around for miles. Yeh I got the cracked ribs too.......glad your both ok....lots of bad things can happen on ATV's. Glad I had a long strong rope on that quad. Had to wrap it around a tree and slowly get that ATV back upright. So thankful it started :) :)600 lbs of ATV and not level ground makes one pray a bit to get out of trouble. :)

))))------>

My ATV incident happen in Idaho not more than an hours drive from where you had your rock problem.

))))------->

Wow that was intense. Glad you survived. I'm not going to sleep much but on the positive side we saw some big bull moose and wish I had a tag. The rain was coming down all week. Every time we had a break in the rain we hit a new trail. Lemhi mountains can be very rugged for riding atvs. Just lucky we didn't go off any cliffs or ridgetops. Saw over 200 deer also.

Glad You're OK!

I'm tellin Ya!

Them ATV's are NO GOOD & Have Maimed many of Friends!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

DM,

Glad you both are OK, sort of. The ribs will heal fast than the AC will. I had a grade three AC separation three years ago. I took the non surgical route and hope you do too. It is fine now except for the bump and double joint. It doesn't hurt any more.

Get a good physical therapist and make sure you work to keep your range of motion!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom