RACKMASTER it's not propane

deadibob

Long Time Member
On the thread about high fuel costs I mentioned driving a CNG truck and you made a remark about propane. Propane does suck. CNG is not propane. It is compressed natural gas. The exhaust doesn't smell. In utah it costs .639 cents per gge (gasoline gallon equivelant). In factory conversions there is no power loss and it burns much cleaner. You only need to change oil every 9,000 miles.

There are a lot of these being sold on ksl.com., There are filling stations in CedarCity, St. George, Fillmore, Richfield, Salt Lake, Orem, Springville, and other places. The price is regulated by the state. The pumps are owned by questar. You can also get a filling station at your home. Oklahoma is .95 cents per gallon. Everywhere else is about 2 bucks a gallon.
Chevy, Ford and Dodge quit making factory conversions a couple years ago but they are still around and add about 30% to the vehicles value. Aftermarket conversions are around $12,000 with a good tank. Snomotion in Salt Lake does conversions. The governor of Utah just had his Suburban converted their.

Honda civic is the only factory cng vehicle being made today and it is dedicated (cng only) versus bi-fuel(cng-unleaded).
You can learn a lot more about this at cngchat.com or cngmotors.com., I'm selling my 2 wheel drive f150, because I just bought a four wheel drive out of phoenix.

Trust me there is nothing better than filling up a 20 gallon tank for $13. When gasoline was $2.80 I was saving $500 a month in fuel costs. Now it's almost $3.50 and it's sure to be 4 bucks a gallon by summer.

I heard that AZ is trying to get people to start using CNG. Because there isnt alot of infrastructure to support it yet, it only costs around $8k to get a vehicle converted to run CNG. Alot of UT people are taking their vehicles down to AZ for a quick conversion then bringing them back up... or buying vehicles directly from AZ with the conversion already done. I'm starting to really look into a CNG conversion.

The only bad part about CNG in utah is they are changing the law so you cant drive in the HOV lane anymore with the CNG plates.

-DallanC

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-08 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]You can still drive hov lanes if it's dedicated, just not a bi-fuel vehicle. You don't want dedicated though. It's nice to be able to switch over if you're in an area that doesn't have a fill station. Arizona is the place to find vehicles.

Utah dealers are ripping people off in utah. A lot of guys are going to auctions and bringing them back to Utah and marking them up 4-6 grand. It only cost me $500 to have a 2nd tank put in my truck in phoenix. They want $1,500 in salt lake to do it.

I'VE SAID FOR BETTER THAN 20 YEARS:::

WHY AIN'T OUR FRICKEN GOVERNMENT DOING MORE WITH CNG???

BECAUSE THEY CAN'T THIEVE FROM YOU AS MUCH,THATS WHY!!!

WAFJ!!!

WAFJ!!!

I HONESTLY BELIEVE WE ARE PAYING FOR THAT SO-CALLED WAR!!!

EACH AND EVERY FRICKEN ONE OF US!!!

AND YES!!!

WITH INFLATED FUEL RIP-OFF PRICES!!!

KISS MY ASS LITTLE George!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Yes,
Georgie boy should be tried for treason. There is enough natural gas on this continent to completely quench our need for oil. Every vehicle in the U.S. could be retrofitted within a couple of years. Oil dependency problem solved. There are over two million natural gas vehicles in the world with less than 200,000 of them being in the U.S., Is there any question who is running this country or why. Special interest groups, one of them being big oil. Having a natural gas truck right now is like cheating the system. fugg the guvment.They've been doing it to us long enough.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-08 AT 06:53PM (MST)[p]What is the MPG,when using CNG? And where to get more info about conversion kits. Also what does HOV stand for?

Thanks in advance

Joe E Sikora

I AGREE deadibob!!!

JUST MAKE SURE JACKMASTER KNOWS HE'S TALKING ABOUT PROPANE!!!

IT DOES SOUND ALOT LIKE COCAINE!!!

HE PROBABLY SNIFFS BOTH!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-08 AT 09:33PM (MST)[p]Joe, HOV lanes are high occupancy vehicle lanes, better known as the carpool lane. As far as mileage goes, they say you get a little better mileage and a little less power, but it is so minute that I don't notice a difference in either. My buddy told me about natural gas vehicles last year and I researched it out. These things are hot commodities in Utah, because it's so cheap. There are a few places in Utah, Az, and Cal. that do conversions. There's a guy in St. George doing them for less but I don't have his contact info.

sounds way cool...I could convert my truck into a chm,cmg,cnc,cng what ever and my gas would be free?
what do I have to do when I make the bed a BBQ will it still burn that stuff? I always want to BBQ at work, when I take the dog to the park, out dating!
thanks for putting me straight!
I like the smell of gasoline!
rackmaster

Thanks for the education deadI.

Very interesting and valuable.

Question...Home fuel station...What would that involve?

Robb

I had a CNG work truck for awhile and while it was slightly underpowered it really didn't bother me at all. Very interesting stuff.

Deadi, thanks for the explanation, keep the info coming on the cng. I diffently what more info.

Joe E Sikora

Interesting thread. My friend is in the process of converting a car over to CNG. He says he will have about $1000 into the conversion kit. He bought his "kit" from a company in Argentina.

Yeah, I know it sounds skeptical. However, he says he will have it running this week and fuel prices for CNG are .64 a gallon.

He said the the home conversion kit is about 3k (I believe). However, I believe it takes several hours to fill (from home).

Also, I think his car will be set up to run on either gas or CNG. This would be the best IMO.

ITS (CNG!!!) HAS BEEN HERE FOR A LONG TIME!!!

PEOPLE ARE GONNA LOOK FOR OTHER WAYS THANKS TO LITTLE Georges TACTICS!!!

AMERICANS HAVE BEEN USED TO CHEAP FUEL FOR ALMOST FOREVER!!!

THAT $HIT HAS SURE CHANGED!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

why is all this Bushes fault when they congress won't let the oil companies drill in ANWR or of our coasts? Am I missing something?

3blade!!!

YOU MUST REALLY BE SECLUDED!!!

IF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES IS TO GUTLESS OR GREEDY TO STEP IN & DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALL OF US GETTING BENT OVER ON A DAILY BASIS THEN WHO ELSE DO YOU THINK IS GONNA COWBOY-UP???

ANSWER PLEASE???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom