R.I.P.

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Upon reading various tear jerking farewell speeches threw the years, cough cough.

I wanted a vote as to why you think we loose some long time MM'ers ?

BTW, just being a big greasy Puzzy doesnt count ! :)

Well id have to say its all tags fault ;-) lol

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

Bessy obviously scares them all away, he's the only one with nearly 10,000 posts and still climbing!! Lol

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

No berry, i scare the new kids off. The old timers have nothing to fear from me..... My honest guess is they are so tired of newbies asking for honey holes, hunt dates for the tag they bought, and a "good place to start" for the limited entry tag they drew with 2 points! And on top of that when they do get any info out of anyone....they never even thank ya!

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

ya i figured so you would happen to be related to any of the mcphies in heber would ya? and aint that the truth ungrateful sobs

Bury me in the hills so i can fertilize the grass and grow bigger animals for the rest of ya

It's a long story about the McPhie's from heber and not to hijack a thread but on his way out to Tooele(my familys home) Great great grandpa stuck it to a whore in heber....and then moved on with his life and thats all i know about them.

* Now grantid this may not be entirely true.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

>I wanted a vote as to
>why you think we loose
>some long time MM'ers ?

People leave for several reasons IMO. To examine why people leave, you also need to define why people come here.

Initially MM appears to be an awsome site, busy and full of knowledgable users, pictures of amazing trophy kills etc etc.

But over time some members burn out, and become jaded talking about the same subjects over... and over... and over yet again: "What is the best caliber for elk?", "Is it ethical to shoot 80/300/900 yards with my bow/muzzleloader/rifle", "ATVs ruined my hunt" etc etc... or seeing the same stupid farm killed elk posted every other week. Some regulars get sick of the same questions and discussions coming up repeatedly, and make snide and otherwise derogatory comments which then potentially offends the thinner skinned members.

/shrug there are regular offensive postings here that never would have been tolerated in the past. Everyone has an opinion about MM, some feel its as good as it always has been, others see a marked decline when compared to its earlier years.

Personally I used to spend alot of time reading and posting here... but now its just not worth the time IMO. Occasionally I post now, but a fraction of what I used to. I just dont care enough anymore to discuss / argue the same things we've talked about a dozen times in the past.

-DallanC

IT ALSO SEEMS THAT THE MM MEMBERSHIP POPULATION IS ON THE RISE, UNLIKE THE NUMBER OF HUNTING LICENCES SOLD NATIONWIDE.....YD.

thanks tag just wondered and hope ya don mind i threw your name out there that muleycrazy post just cracked me up tho i still laugh about it :)

I ONLY MADE ONE PERSON RESIGN!!!

HE EVEN POSTED A RESIGNATION!!!

AND THAT ONE PERSON IS manny!!!

HE COWBOYED-UP!!!

AND REAPEARED!!!

NOW RUS???

THATS A DIFFERENT STORY!!!

HE RUN THE WARDEN OFF!!!

EVIDENTALLY FOR GOOD???

RUS GOT FLAT ASS IGNORANT WITH HIM!!!

I'M AFRAID IF timberlineWARDEN EVER CATCHES RUS WITH THE BARREL OUT THE WINDOW THERES GONNA BE TROUBLE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

The Warden changed his name, and still posts, although not anywhere near as frequently; always good to get his insights.

DOES RUS KNOW THE WARDEN STILL POSTS???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Beanman, DK'd, I think thats what happened to Maniac as well, AKA (Rainbows end) I found it interesting DK was the mod on this forum & many of those on the Moosie blog, then poof he was a goner.

Bessy, only made 1 person resign ? how bout all them kitty cat imposter's ? BTW, you didn't do a very good job on Manny, since he is still a regular :)

Dallan, thats prolly right just a natural progression/maturation, some of us jus won't grow up :)
I think thats what happened to Bura, I miss that dude.

It's still entertaining when tempers flare & the cyber gloves come out :)

I think people just outgrow it. At first it seems like THE place to be. and then the topics become repetitive and you lose interest. Unless you like to occasionally stir the pot with a big stick. :) Or so I've heard.

B_F_E, I'm worried about you. Two serious posts in one day. What did you do lose your stick or make a trip to Lourdes or something? Soon you'll start returning my emails with pictures of large chested women unopened.

I don't know if I'm in the right place here and this is my first post, but my friend put me in for an elk hunt. I've never put in for elk and I think the permit says "any weapon early Pahvant." Can someone tell me anything about this hunt and where it is and when I should hunt and where to find an elk?

I love it when people get all worked up and emotional. The fact is, don't ask stupid redundant questions!!! You surely need to be a little thick skinned to be here, just deal with it! To write a farwell speach is just silly! If you can't handle it....just go away! I agree, if you've been here a while and read the same stupid things and see the same stupid things over and over and over, you have a tenancy to be a little abrasive with your comments. Someone who is new who thinks they just had some sort of revelation that they are introducing to the hunting community here, and then gets shot down like an Iragi Mig, yeah, they will be offended. There are a lot of egos, attitudes, opinions and Bessy here...get used to it and enjoy!:)

(Makes me think of MTQuivers. Remember the vid he posted of his sisters elk hunt. She shot like 8 times until she fianlly hit the think at like 1000 yards. He got torn apart. Haven't heard from him since. Maybe a new alias now?)

Anyway, for me MM's is just good fun entertainment. Thanks guys!

I do not see why people make such a big deal over "leaving" the site. If I dont like a topic, I dont read it.

Why would anyone get "offended"? Its the internet!

>I ONLY MADE ONE PERSON RESIGN!!!
>
>
>HE EVEN POSTED A RESIGNATION!!!
>
>AND THAT ONE PERSON IS manny!!!
>
>
>HE COWBOYED-UP!!!
>
>AND REAPEARED!!!
>