Quote of the Day

sageadvice

Long Time Member
"The only thing Golden in my Golden years is my piss!"

Related; My friend and hunting pard called a couple days ago and mentioned that he figured that he had just lost $35K from his retirement account as the stock market had dropped 10%. WTF, i'd be wanting to hunt someone down!

Joey

THAT IS TRAGIC, BUT ON A GOOD TO KNOW NOTE.....ALL COMPANIES HAVE A VARIETY OF SECURED ACCOUNTS TO PICK FROM. THREE WEEKS BEFORE 911 I MOVED ALL MY ASSETS TO A SECURED ACCOUNT. A COUPLE OF CO-WORKERS DID NOT......THEY LOST $168 & 135 GRAND EACH. THESE SECURED ACCOUNTS DON'T YIELD A LOT.....BUT THERE STEADY FOR THOSE OF US WHO DON'T HAVE TIME TO GO BACK AND MAKE THE $$$$ BACK. THE LOST $$$$$ JUST FALLS INTO A BLACK HOLE......NOT GOOD............YD.

+1 YD. I realigned my account into the safest catagory our company offers just a few weeks ago. I smelled a rat. As a result I've dropped a little but not bad.

Eel

Being underemployed for a long periods of time has its advantages. I didn't lose a dime!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Here's my Quote of the Day.

"I wish I had enough invested to be able to loose 35K from a 10% DOW drop, lucky dude"

DC

An economics professor of mine while I was in Anchorage, did a lot of financial investment and people sought out his advice, got paid pretty well too. Well shortly before the market tanked he told all the people that were paying him for his advice to get everything out of the market while they could. He however decided to stay in it, he thought to himself that it wasn't going to be as bad as he thought. When it tanked, that morning he went to his computer, turned it on, gave everything a quick look over, did a few calculations, and yelled through the house to his wife that they lost close to a quarter of a million. Then he went about the rest of his day like nothing had happened. He does stuff for the state of Alaska, big oil jobs financial prospects, department stores, etc. I am sure he has made his money back somewhere.
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-11 AT 05:50PM (MST)[p]A quarter mil is a drop in the bucket:).....I wish!! I know a guy in the cattle feeding business who plays the commodity market and I personally know he has lost and made millions in a day. He drinks a lot at night. LOL Some people are players and have the bank roll to do it with.

Some people sit at the 5 dollar Blackjack table while others sit at the 500 dollar limit tables. To each his own.

I'll be at the 5$ table

Thanks for the replys guys!

Yeah, i agree that it must be nice to max out your 401k's, or whatever, every year but he's been wanting to retire early. He keeps contributing heavily to a couple accounts every payday and they look good for awhile but then something always comes along... This has been going on for years and years. What keeps him in the game is his employer matches a certain % of what he puts in.

I see where the stock market took another dump today, -5.5%. Rough math has him losing another $15K, Ouch!!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom