Quiet Sunday.

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-11 AT 05:10PM (MST)[p]Just enjoying the last few hours of a beautiful, quiet Sunday afternoon before I have to go back to work in a few hours. I am upstairs more or less cat napping savoring some peace and quiet when all of the sudden, WHACK!! BOOM!!! SMASH!! followed by screaming of every kind mingled with the unmistakable sound of shards of glass chattering on their way to the ground. I'm thinking WTH as my heart goes from near sleeping pace to 130 BPM. Go downstairs and see glass in the kitchen and my 4X8 double pane window somewhat deformed as it lay in dime size pieces on the floor. Daughter is holding her head crying and I'm still trying to figure out WTH happened.

Well, the good news is it was not a drive by. Bad news is I was a victim of a crime perpetrated by the dang children of the sandlot. Kid over in the neighbors yard (which just happens to have a really nice fully enclosed batting cage) tosses one in the air and whacks a grand slam. Only problem was he was not in the batting cage. Ball comes over pops my glass and smacks the daughter in the noggin. Was actually pretty funny all said and done. Quickly turned to hysterical laughing by the time the neighbors walked the green mile to my front door.

9866sandlot.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

u put the cuff's on them. when my son was about 10 he hit a golf ball with a baseball bat and low and behold it went thru my boat windshield. well i got pissed and sawed the bat in half anf threw his glove away. there was a field next to the boat, but noooooooo he had to be facing my boat.

Glad you didn't give into instinct and just pull out the .45 and dust every kid in the neighborhood.

Now the big controversy will be... "Who's insurance will pay for this sh!t.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

You should get them to mow your lawn.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LAST EDITED ON Oct-09-11 AT 07:32PM (MST)[p]Now thats the kind of "crime" I like to hear about. Too bad we can't read about these incidents in the paper instead of all the 'real' news.
Was it "Smalls"?

I was laughing till I read it hit you're little girl... Glad no one was hurt...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Bannermac tavish you sound like my dad ...he thought Duct tape and wd40 was all you needed to fix anything !!!

That's is exactly what I used too lol

Now that its taken over 4 hours to clean up glass, which is stuck into the wall, and every nook and cranny, its pretty funny ... Im very Thankful no one was hurt to bad !!!

Ah yes....been there..done that...glad nobody got seriously hurt..(delivery end,not receiving end)

Yard looks fine to me (just like mine usually does).

I have a son who likes to shoot windows out of my canopies for my two trucks (not on the trucks but stored on the unmowed lawn) hes up to 3 now and hes only 6. It's amazing because he is very safe and all the shots have been supervised but he seems to get "bad bounces". LOL

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Find a good lawyer....those kids will never play baseball again!

Love,
WhiskeyMan

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Buddy up to the kid, when he signs a bizillion $$ baseball contract in a few years remind him of the incident and get a %age.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom