quick question

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
If you were headed to western Wyoming on a guided pack in deer hunt, would you bring your spotter? They say it's your choice since the guide will have one. Would you bring a compact or the regular 65mm?

I'm thinking it's a no brainer to bring it and bring the 65mm, but wanted to see what others opinions were. I've also never done a hunt where pack weight is a big issue, so that's why I figured I'd check.

My buddy and I are both taking ours on our guided hunt down in G in late September. IMHO if they allow you to take whatever you have I would. If we don't tag out with what we're looking for, we'll definitely need them the following week for our DIY backup plan anyway.

The more eyes the better for your success. The best chance for success is more eyes looking in more places. I highly doubt your guide will be unhappy to see you have one, it shows that you are just as determined to find a good animal as the guide should be. . If the guide plans to pull an extra pack animal every day, then it will be absolutely no problem, but that usually doesnt happen. So just take into fact, that it will be in your backpack on your back, and you have to ride in the saddle with it. So try to keep your daypack as light as possible, because it is very hard on the horses to have a heavy pack bouncing on their kidneys, and it makes riding a lot less comfortable for you as well

Take the largest spotter you feel comfortable packing. I throw all my small stuff in the saddle bags and pull out what I need when I need it. That way my pack isn't overloaded. Usually when we find a place to glass, I'll get 50 - 100 yds away from the guide and glass in areas the guide isn't looking so we're covering more area. Worst case scenario, maybe he has a plane to help with yer spotting...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom