Question

kawboy

Very Active Member
I just picked up some old chrome rims, they are pretty worn but I got them for a steal.
Question is, can you powder coat them and have decent results?

Does anyone here powder coat?

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I'm guessing you would need to strip the chrome off for the best results. I used to know a guy that powder coated and I traded his services for beer, so I had tons of stuff coated on my truck. I wasnt all that impressed after a little bit of time since it would rust any were there was a weld or seam.

I used another form of coating called High Performance Coating HPC which is a high temperture ceramic coating. I was very impressed with that and at the time it was priced about like powder coating. They used to have a shop in Salt Lake but now I have heard they are in Arizona and for me I figured the shipping wasnt going to be worth it.

They Bragg the Powder Coating up as a Selling Factor on alot of stuff!

Cheap Bastards ought to Prime the Metal first before Powder Coatng & then you might have some Paint worth having!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

It is all in the prep work. Some PC has is UV rated and some isnt, ask before you have it put on your wheels. Some people will spray a clear coat after to protect from the sun. If you are in Southern Uah shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

Boy all the work your going to have to put into them it seems like it would be cheaper and a lot less work if you could just find another set!

Spit that out Son! That ain't no Almond Joy!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom