Question on support groups

searcher

I have struggled for 3 weeks with posting this question and hesitate to post it now, as I have always been a private individual. In late August I was hospitalized with a ruptured spleen. I had major surgery to remove my spleen and was diagnosed with Hairy-Cell Leukemia. Does anyone know of a support group dedicated to hunters / sportsmen with Leukemia? I have done some web searches but haven't found any support groups specifically for hunters. I seem to be healing ok but I am really struggling with the fact I may not be hunting this fall, if at all. I am not really into the kumba yah scene and don't want to sit around holding hands with people I don't know and have nothing in common with besides having the same illness. I would like to talk with people who love to hunt and have had to cope with leukemia throwing a major monkey wrench into their fall plans. If anyone knows of a support group please respond or PM / email.

thanks

Tim

I've heard lots of reasons why people miss the fall hunts but yours is a tough one. Keep looking and you will be sure to find others you can relate to. I'm missing the fall hunts but not for any reason like yours. Hang in there and get better for next year. Live through the guys that are lucky enough to be out there. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom