Quality Youth Options

elks96

Long Time Member
So my now 8 year old daughter is serious about hunting and wants to start soon.

As a result of the age laws in ID I am starting my search now for a decent hunt for her...

Can someone here give me and idea of decent units for a young lady to hunt? Keys we are looking for... Closer to Colorado the better. Ability to see deer. She will probably shoot anything legal for a buck but is not real willing to shoot female animals. We would like the ability to see deer every day.

Any thoughts on such a unit. We will be truck camping and hunting from a vehicle with our hike typically limited to 2 miles or less.

Of course with the way ID is set up we will be applying for the top units just incase we get lucky. But beyond those I have very little info on ID!

nice that she is interested in hunting way to go !! unfortunately she can NOT hunt big game in Idaho until she is 10 years old . As far as putting her in for any controlled hunts u might wanna wait until next year to see what our F&G idiots decide to do with the 10 year old they really screwed that up this year for a bunch of kids !!

Yeah I know the age is 10. I am waiting to see how everything settles out! I thought this year on the youth draws got messed up only because they changed the age rule after the draw process opened, etc. The way I read it was after this first year they get to apply like everyone else.

Thanks for the heads up. I am just thinking about units and season dates for the hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-14 AT 12:04PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-14 AT 12:00?PM (MST)

11a junior's deer tag is great you can hunt over the Christmas break. My 12yr old Riley had it last year no competition from other hunters either in December.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-14 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]they changed it to 10 before the regulations were printed 10 year olds this year were ONLY supposed to be allowed to put in for 2nd chance left over tags !! I am not sure if it will be the same next year or not !! with our F&G people & some of the crap they come up with its any ones guess !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom