Purgatorie RFW

B

BruinBreath

Hello.
Anybody know what a bighorn ram tag goes for on the Purgatorie Ranching for Wildlife ? Does anybody know trophy potential in that South Eastern part of the state ? May be a better option then shelling out 20 Grand for an Alberta hunt with only a 50% success rate. Any thoughts ?

Bruin
More than you can afford :) I turkey hunted there last year, pretty nice place. Would be an easy place to bag a descent sheep, seemed to be quite a few of them but the trophy quality looked like it lacked.

AntlerQuest Hunt Consulting

You'll draw here in Colorado sooner or later. Be patient and spend your money on a dall hunt or something in the mean time to whet your appetite.

Get a camera and start hunting them with a lens. Thats the cool thing about Colorado sheep is that they are very photographable.

VisionQuest Dream Consulting

i talked to the guy when i was down there on my hunt he killed a 175" ram $25,000 hunt the rams have great bases 16" 7 or 8 yr old sheep the public hunters killed just as good of sheep

Deerking I hunted that RFW for turkeys as well in 03 saw a bunch but didn't fill in the 2 days I hunted. The ranch was great and the folks down there are great. The sheep are pretty good 160 to 170+ the public tag is a long shot 100+ to 1. It's more like a desert terrain than an alpine Colorado hunt. Sandbrew

Sandbrew
I hunted right along the creek on the SW boundary. Birds weren't talking or responding to calls so I did a lot of glassing from high buttes. Put a long spot and stalk on my bird and got lucky.

I think getting a sheep there would be a gimme, getting a 170+ could prove difficult. I'd sure like to try.

Buckspy..... I like the name of your company :) Smart@ss

Turkpose1.jpg

shed1.jpg

Country2.jpg

Country1.jpg

2 questions Jeff..........

1) Does Safeway really sell turkey's with the feathers still on ? Or is that a King Sooper's bird ?

2) You really found a Safeway in them neck of the woods, in the middle of the ranch ?

3) ( I know I said only 2 questions.... ) Why is it every year you show us pictures of the turk's you killed and they all look like the same bird from last year and the year before and you are always wearing the same clothing ? Not accusing you of anything, just wondering.
BB

Bruin
YES, The Safeway in Lamar does sell turkeys with the feathers on but you have to ask the butcher, they aren't out on display.

Here are a few pictures to debunk the same turkey myth....

TurkHat.jpg

COTurk2.jpg

My cousin hunted there 2 or 3 years ago?? saw lots of birds but didnt fill. Looks like a nice place.

great job DK! seems like you are alwys getting something. nice pics

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom