Pujols, Wilson to Angels

Those two may be the missing link for that organization right now... Could put them right where they want/need to be.

Stupid money spent on Pujols though... Sucker will need a walker by the end of his contract, and after the first year or three when the hype wears off he will be the over paid first basemen on the west coast (similar to that overpaid third baseman on the east)...

>Those two may be the missing
>link for that organization right
>now... Could put them right
>where they want/need to be.
>
>
>Stupid money spent on Pujols though...
>Sucker will need a walker
>by the end of his
>contract, and after the first
>year or three when the
>hype wears off he will
>be the over paid first
>basemen on the west coast
>(similar to that overpaid third
>baseman on the east)...

I agree. That is alot of money to pay a DH, which is what he will be for the last 5 or 6 years of his contract. There is no doubt that the guy is a machine but I doubt it will last at his age. BTW does anydoby actually know his real age?

I like Pujols and hope his numbers don't crumble after the big contract like the dirtbag 3rd baseman you are speaking of.

Anyone would want Pujols on their team but 25 million a year for 10 year? Those type of numbers "might" be warranted to a superstar 24-25 year old but not to a 31-32 year year old player who was injured last season.

The Angles may soon regret this signing. CJ, who cares? the guy is a decent journeyman, no more than that.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Just got done talking with my younger bro who spent the last few seasons in the cardinals organization. He has dealt with Pujols on occasion and said that as far as quality of human goes, he couldn't think of anyone who deserves this less.

Thought that was interesting, he always seems to put on good face with the media. Not that who he is as a human being will determine his paycheck, but it just makes me scoff that much more to think the Angels are paying him this much.

As a Cardinal fan that is interesting. I am in MT, not MO, totally removed the whole thing, just a fan. I am curious as to what he means. You are right, Albert always has had the image of "good guy", risen from nothing, knows where he came from.
On that note, I truly thought he would entertain some offers, but then sign with the Cards, he already has hundreds of millions, why not be the new Musial in St Louis? But it makes sense from what your bro says, he doesn't give crap, he wants the dough.
While I am pretty pissed at the guy, I say, get the heck out Albert. Dewitt will take the money, sign a closer, and another good starter. Hopefully Wainwright is good to go, with Carp, and another starter, Cards should be right back in it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom